Chapter 7: The Lady Sophie/Will Scarlet

A/N: Ok, I'll make this quick! First of all, I will be counting down the days until Flashback comes out, so READ the author's notes!!! (216 days! I don't know how I'm gonna make it...probably by over-excessive reading.) Second of all, the quote from the last chapter was from the Princess Bride!!! If you haven't seen it, go do so! Third, the song above is by Faith Hill, and all I can say is that it has to do with the chapter... Finally, thank you to Sophitz15 for voting and commenting. And now, for the chapter!!!!!

Previously:

I slipped the DNA cube that King Grady had given us from my pocket. Tam handed me one of Sophie's bloodied bandages, and I vomited inside of my mouth at the sight of it. I pressed the blood to the sensor and waited.

As we waited, I looked over at a sleeping Sophie. Fitz sat in the chair, holding her hand while she slept. I smiled. Fitz shouldn't be with anyone else.

I turned back to the DNA cube. The sensor on the cube beeped, and then flashed green.

"It's a match," breathed Tam.

I woke up in the middle of the night sweaty and sore. Fitz was sleeping in a chair next to my bed, holding my hand. Tam and Linh were sprawled on the hearthrug, Keefe had claimed the sofa, and Vertina was sleeping on a small cot that she had brought up from her quarters.

The only person that wasn't there was Dex. But I quickly realized that he was supposed to be guarding my door at this hour. I glanced out my window as a cool breeze crept through the tiny part that was left open. I gently took Fitz's hand out of my own and placed it on his lap. Wrapping a blanket around me for warmth, I tried to get out of bed.

Which of course led to my knees buckling as I crumpled to the ground. I really hated Lord Fintan.

"Sophie?" Fitz whispered.

His arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me to my feet. "Yes?"

"You looked like you needed some assistance," Fitz smiled, his teal eyes glittering in the fading firelight. "Where to?"

"The terrace, please," I said.

"As you wish," Fitz replied. Instead of helping me walk, he scooped me up and started carrying me.

"What are you doing?" I squirmed. "I can walk on my own!"

He shrugged. "But this is much more fun!"

My tower window was made up of several floor-to-ceiling glass doors. Outside of them was a small marble terrace that overlooked the town. Fitz gently lowered me to the ground and sat down next to me. He shivered and I wrapped half of my blanket around his shoulders. The air was cold, even though it was May. Fitz looked surprised.

"What?" I asked him.

He scooted closer and wrapped an arm around me. "Oh, nothing."

We looked at the stars. It was a clear night, and millions of stars twinkled in the night sky. Polaris in the Big Dipper shone especially bright. There were hints of the Milky Way that could be seen, and the view was breathtaking.

"It's beautiful," I breathed.

"Not as beautiful as you," he whispered in my ear.

I laughed a little. "That's one of your cheesier lines." I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Doesn't mean that it's not true," he winked.

"I don't think I can live with myself if I marry Lord Fintan or Lord Tiergan, or-" I said suddenly, ruining the moment.

"Sophie, we won't let that happen," Fitz's hand cupped my cheek. "I won't let that happen."

"But how?" I asked, still unsure.

"We're going to fake kidnap you," he said.

"What?" I asked, really confused.

"We're going to steal you away, on the eve of your wedding," his gaze met mine.

"Really?" I breathed. "Are you sure? I don't want to be a burden-"

"You could never be a burden, Sophie," Fitz leaned in closer.

A/N: you might want to start playing that song...if you haven't already :)  

I realized that our faces were so close, that if I tilted my head up, we'd be kissing. My cheeks flushed red, and I was thankful for the dark.

"Do...do you love me, Fitz?" I asked, needing to know.

"Of course," he said.

"No, like, love me, as in more than friends," I pressed, my cheeks aflame.

"Yes, Sophie, I love you," Fitz leaned a tiny bit closer. "Ever since I left when we were little...I love you so much, I'd move the stars for you."

"I love you too, Fitz," I breathed, and closed the distance.

Kissing Fitz was...indescribable. It was like every happy feeling in the world, combined into one place. I felt like I was floating on air and diving into the sea at the same time. That kiss was the best thing that had ever happened to me, and all I could think of was that I never wanted it to end.

Finally, I broke away gently, with reluctance. He raised an eyebrow. "What was that?" he asked, breathless.

"That was a kiss, silly," I breathed.

"Can we do it again? I need to make sure you love me," he teased.

"All right," I said, kissing him again.

Yay! Sophitz! Sorry if the chapter was a little short, but I have found that I enjoy reading fluff better than writing it. Also, the chapter kinda needed to be short. Furthermore, I will be posting another chapter later today/tonight sometime

Thank you, reader, for sticking with me. Yes, you who were chanting kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss! 

It's ok. I'm sure we've all had our moments. Especially on that certain page in Lodestar...KEEFE SENCEN HOW DARE YOU AND ARRRRGGGHHH! I almost tore the book in half...

But yeah. Thank you for reading this. Many thanks,

⤮ Meels