Chapter 15: Fitz Vacker/Robin Hood

Hey, all!! Here's the list of things you should know:

1. 128 days until Flashback comes out!!!

2. If you haven't read the 1k special, I suggest you do. I spent a good chunk of time on it, and I promise that you won't be disappointed!

3. There will be an additional update today, but it's not what you think it is. ;)

4. HOLY CANOLI!!!!! 1.6k reads???? THANK YOU!!!!

5. This chapter will have several medieval terms, so a glossary will be provided at the end of this chapter. Those terms will be indicated with an asterisk (*)

6. Remember the telepathy symbols? Probably not. Heck, I didn't remember. So here's a refresher: Fitz/Robin: →   Sophie/Will: ⤇   Dex: ⥧   Vertina: ⥻  Keefe: ↠  Linh:↣  Tam:↷

7. I do not own A Knight's Tale. (hint, hint) BIG REFERENCE from that movie. 

8. I have to say, I'd look a lot more angry than Newt does in the picture above 

------------------------------------

Previously: 

"I think I can get out of it," I said softly. "I have someone helping me."

The Queen nodded her head in approval. "If I can ever be of assistance, let me know. Send someone with a letter, and I will meet you somewhere."

"Thank you," I gushed in disbelief.

"Now that that's settled, Dex dear, how is your mother? I haven't talked to my sister in ages," the Queen turned to face Dex.

Wait, what? Dex's mom was Queen Edaline's sister?

--------------------------------------

Fitz POV

The pavillion* Tam, Keefe, and I were standing in were extremely crowded and smelly, but it didn't stop me from worrying about Sophie. The light colored burlap tent was chock full of horses, jousting equipment, body odor, and men. My emotions were a strange mix of anxiousness and pure happiness.

On one hand, Biana was alive! The moment I saw her, I knew it was my long-lost sister. I promised to never lose her again. I don't think I could live with myself if I did.

On the other hand, Sophie was in critical condition. Every scream, every insult, every wail of agony made my heart clench with grief as Fintan tortured her. It killed me to not do anything. Tam and Keefe had to restrain me from bursting out of the wardrobe to stop Fintan from torturing her. Keefe said she was awake and well, but I needed to see her. Needed to know.

I absentmindedly stroked my horse's mane. It was a silver-white stallion named Greyfall, and he had been loyal to me ever since I rescued him from the palace stables one night.

"Hello? Fitz? Anybody home?" Keefe waved a hand in front of my face.

I blinked.

"What?" I asked.

"Your emotions are making me puke," Keefe rolled his eyes and shoved the parchment of jousting brackets into my face. "I mean, C'mon! It's just jousting! And look, you have one of the easiest opponents in the history of opponents!"

"Lord Heks," I read aloud. "So?"

"So?" Keefe smacked his forehead. "Everyone knows he's really bad at jousting! He can barely keep his lance upright!"