Chapter 12: The Lady Sophie/Will Scarlet

Hi guys! Did you miss me?? Heh, probably not :) (182 days until Flashback comes out!!) So, I've been thinking about the new story that I wanted to write. Annnd...no one said anything. PLEASE COMMENT!! Otherwise, I'll just choose. The deadline for this will May 20th. (the choices were listed in the previous "chapter") Another thing: I'm fixing the shout-outs from the previous "chapter"! So be on the lookout for that. Also, there will be a VERY IMPORTANT announcement at the end of this chapter, so...READ!!! That's all I've got for now, so enjoy!

As for that picture of Adrien up there...Idk. I just found it hilarious :)

Warning: Contains MAJOR fluff...I was cringing as I wrote this, so hopefully, you guys will like reading it better than I liked writing it. (don't worry, there's nothing sinful) 

Previously: 

Fintan scowled. "Let's not forget who's in charge here."

He slapped her.

That stupid idiot slapped my lady.

He was going to pay.

"Let's go," Fintan said as he dragged her out the door. 

*****************************************************

Sophie POV

Fintan dragged me down the hall, and I swayed from the lingering pain of the unhealed burns. Vertina and Dex could only do so much when it came to healing my burns. Today just kept getting worse. I couldn't believe that Fitz had almost figured out my alter ego.

I was still kind of mad at Fitz. But, my anger was mostly directed at Fintan for the time being. I glared at him as we entered the courtyard. The courtyard was filled with villagers and was lit with candles. Cliques of nobles were scattered near Brant's throne. A giant, long table sat in the middle, filled with food.

"The Lord Fintan and the Lady Sophie!" the announcer called as he read off our names.

Heads swiveled and whispers swept throughout the courtyard. I shifted, uncomfortable with the attention. As we approached the table, Fintan suddenly let go of me.

"Don't do anything foolish," he glared at me and stomped off.

"The courts are going nuts with gossip," Marella said as she appeared next to me and sat down.

"I figured," I sighed. "The whole kingdom probably knows by now."

"You look gorgeous, by the way," Marella complimented.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"M'lady, may I have this dance?" a young village man with sandy blonde hair asked me.

"Of course," I said, holding my hand out for him to take.

A fiddle started to play an upbeat song, and we joined the villagers in a country dance. I stumbled at first, but my mysterious partner guided me, and I soon got the hang of it.

"Your beauty is immeasurable, m'lady," he commented. "With the exception of my wife, of course."

"Thank you," I laughed. "What's your name?"

"Westley," he replied.

"That's an interesting name," I commented.

The dance came to an end, and he shrugged.

"Do you think we'll get a better sheriff?" Westley asked me.

"I hope so," I looked away.

"My wife and I will be praying for you, m'lady," he kissed my hand and walked over to his wife.