Chapter 10: The Lady Sophie/Will Scarlet

Hooray! I know, you're like WHAT? Two weeks haven't passed yet! And they haven't...but I FOUND TIME TO WRITE!!! :) I've been working on it this week at school when I could.  And, here it is! You're welcome! (It's really long, too! Almost 3,000 words!) So, the two-week thing is still on, but this should tide you guys over until my next update! As for the picture, I saw it and found it hilarious. No, it doesn't have anything to do with the chapter, I just thought it was funny. I think I might post a KOTLC meme every chapter, but what do YOU think? Comment below!

P.S. 201 days until Flashback comes out! ;)

Previously: 

Fitz slapped his forehead with his hand. "Oh, yeah! So, one more thing: Sophie invited everyone to a feast on the eve of the competition. Everyone in town is invited, but the nobles will be there too. I'd advise you to accept with caution."

Everyone nodded, and Keefe started up another game of Teasing Fitz.

"So, Fitz, now that that's settled, where do you want the wedding to take place?" Keefe smirked.

Fitz groaned, and I felt sorry for him...for a moment.

"Too soon, Keefe," I snorted. "He's got to have the guts to ask her out first!"

"Roasted!" Keefe punched Fitz lightly on the arm. 

________________________________________________________________________________

I was standing in front of Prince Brant's door, extremely nervous. Brant was highly unpredictable. I never knew if he was going to lapse into anger, or be generous. So, naturally, I was nervous. I had never asked Brant for anything, or spoken to him directly. But before I could even knock, he opened the door.

"What do you want?" he snapped at me. Brant was handsome - anyone could see that. His brown hair covered one of his blue eyes, and many palace maids had swooned at the sight of him. But after his fiancee died in a tragic accident, he wasn't the same. Some say he went crazy, going on a slaughtering spree, looking for the ogre that had murdered her.

"I, um, would like to ask you a favor?" I managed to squeak out.

Brant looked suspicious. "Ok, you may come in."

Brant's room was very messy. Clothes were scattered across the floor, and the bed was unmade. He directed me over to two overstuffed armchairs by the fireplace, and we sat awkwardly for a minute.

"Make this quick. I have a meeting to attend in ten minutes," Brant glared at the fireplace.

"Well, I was just thinking about the feast," I started cautiously.

"The feast?" Brant looked confused.

"The feast before the competition," I explained.

"Oh, that," Brant waved his hand. "I was just going to talk to you about it. Do you think that I should invite the townspeople?"

I stared at him. Brant wasn't a Telepath, and my blocking wouldn't allow him to read my mind anyway. "Yes, I think you should. The people have lost their trust in you."

Brant looked thoughtful for a moment. "Can you make the announcement? I have... other matters to attend to."
"I can do that," I said quickly. I hurried to the door before Brant could change his mind or lose his temper.

At the last second, he darted between me and my escape. "Where do you think you're going?" he smiled maliciously at me.

I grasped the pin on my cloak. "B-back to m-my room."