Chapter 14: The Lady Sophie/Will Scarlet

First things first: 153 days until Flashback comes out!!!

Second of all: NO ONE COMMENTED ON WHAT NEW STORY I SHOULD WRITE. Consequently,  I will bring back the offer after this story is completed. (which, to be honest, is a LONG way from now, don't get your clothes in a twist) 

Third of all: the picture above is NOT related to the story in any way, I just found it funny. The video is what I imagine Sophie yelling at the Neverseen sometimes ;)

Fourth of all: I HAVE ANSWERED THE CALL FOR MORE PRINCESS BRIDE REFERENCES!!!! Be on the lookout for those! They will be Miraculous(ly) good. *HINT HINT*

Fifth of all: I do not own the Princess Bride (book or movie)

Sixth of all: there will be a surprise reference to a certain movie that I will reveal in the next chapter. See if you can tell what movie it's from and comment

Last of all: There are 4 Princess Bride quotes/references in this chapter. See if you can spot them all!!

-------------------------------------------------

Previously: 

Keefe watched Tam and Linh talk softly when he heard them mention Sophie's name. He listened, feeling guilty for eavesdropping, but too curious to back away. His jaw dropped open. His cousin was alive?

Keefe stared at the stars. If Sophie was really his long-lost cousin, he was going to do everything to keep her safe. 

------------------------------------------------------

Sophie POV

I woke up to soft snores beside me. I sat up quickly and looked around my tower room. A person was sleeping in a chair, right next to my bed. He had wavy dark brown hair and a red blanket covering him up.

Fitz.

I smiled, and carefully got out of bed, so I wouldn't disturb him. My smile quickly vanished when I remembered that Lord Fintan was coming this morning.

Officially, the first challenge didn't begin until one o'clock in the afternoon, but I knew Fintan liked to suck the life out of me early in the morning. This was so no one would suspect him of enhancing his physical strength, because half of it would wear off by noon. He always arrived at eight o'clock sharp. I was surprised that I still was alive at this point.

I rushed over to my terrace to look at the courtyard sundial. It told me I had about ten minutes to wake everyone up and hide them before my torture began.

Panicking, I raced back inside and closed the curtains, just as Fintan wanted. He didn't want any passerby to look up and see him sucking the energy out of my body.

First, I tried to wake Fitz. He opened his eyes and closed them again. Sighing, I knew I had to use other methods to wake him. I poked his cheek, causing him to stir slightly. No use. I would have to-

As I stared at the wall, thinking of ways to wake him, I hadn't noticed that Fitz had stood up. In doing so, our faces were only centimeters apart. I blushed.

Slowly, he cupped my face with his hand, and I leaned into his touch. Fitz looked at me as if asking permission. I nodded my head. Yes, I want you to kiss me.

Fitz kissed me softly as if I was going to break. Instantly, my heart swelled and heat shot throughout my body, warming every part of me. Suddenly, I remembered why he was awake. Why I was awake. My eyes opened and I broke off.

Fitz frowned. "What's wrong?"

"We have to wake everyone up. Now," I said urgently.

"Why...oh," Fitz said quietly. "I wish I could spare you from this."