Chapter 17: Fitz Vacker/Robin Hood

Music is No Roots by Alice Merton 

(makes me think of Sophie's background, missing memories, and battles with the Neverseen) 

-51 days until Flashback- 

It's been a while, hasn't it? I apologize for the wait. I've been so busy...

School

Homework

Stinky. Cheese. Man. Rehearsals. 

Homework

Watching the Princess Bride

Homework

New Friends

Book Club

Life

Watching the Princess Bride

Reading

Homework...

Remember that special reference that I was talking about in the previous chapter? That was from Voltron: Legendary Defender. I highly recommend that you watch it.

Anyway, it's time for the next chapter!! (yay) 

----------------------------

Previously:

"Thank you," Fitz spoke with a tone so cold and void of emotion that I shivered.

"You're welcome," I said.

Halfway out the door, Fitz's words stopped me in in my tracks.

My blood ran cold.

"Stop using that deep voice, Sophie. It doesn't suit you."

---------------------------------------

Fitz POV 

 I was taking off my helmet when I heard the soft padding of footsteps outside of Greyfall's stall. My rapier came out of its sheath, shield at the ready. The footsteps grew closer and a pair of elves open threw open the door.

I sighed in relief when I saw it was just Linh and Wylie. Wait...Linh and Wylie? Why weren't they tailing Sophie?

"What are you guys doing-" I started.

"There's no time to explain!" Linh interrupted me with wide eyes.

I tensed. Linh never yelled unless something big was happening. "What's happening?"

"Fitz, you can't get mad at us," Wylie stepped forward.

"You have to believe us!" Linh begged.

"Whoa, slow down," I held out a hand as if to calm them.

"I'm just going to say it," Wylie hesitated. "Sophie Foster is Will Scarlet."

I laughed. As if Sophie could ever be Will Scarlet...

"Fitz, you have to believe us," Linh pleaded.

Suddenly, it all started to add up. All the times when Will was supposed to meet us with Sophie, but only Sophie was there. How Will was such good friends with Sophie. Today, when she said she forgot something...

I fell to my knees in shock. My mind reeled with the information.

"A-are y-you sure?" my voice cracked. I needed to be sure.

"We saw her changing into Will Scarlet's outfit ten minutes ago," Wylie said as if he couldn't believe it himself.

All this time, she lied. My heart shattered into a thousand pieces, aching with the sting of betrayal.