act one / scene three

"Six days! Fuck!"
Cassie danced around her room that morning when she realized she didn't have to wait much longer. Her love, her favorite person, her best friend, her fucking cinnamon apple: would be home.
"JESUS CHRIST THANK YOU!" She screamed as she checked her phone, showing all her texts from Timothée, even though they had Facetimed until 2 a.m. New York time, and around 8 a.m. Timmy time.

Timmy💞: i'm sad you left me to watch Reign
2:20 a.m
Timmy💞: i think someone just broke into the house
2:25 a.m
Timmy💞: NEVERMIND IT WAS JUST MY MOM BAHAHAHA
2:29 a.m
Timmy💞: cassie!! bitCH come back!! Ansel won't respond to my messages either and we all know he's asleep by 9 pm
2:52 p.m
Timmy💞: smh cassie imysm and i KNOW this probably sounds clingy/ looks clingy but it's just cause you're aSLEEP AND LEFT ME HERE. Anyway i miss you tons and i'm lowkey fucking excited for our sleepover.
3:38 a.m
Timmy💞: OMG HE FINALLY FOUND A PLACE TO TAKE US TODAY ILL SEND YOU PICS LATER B ILYSM HOPE YOU SLEPT OKAY LMAO
3:51 a.m

Cassie was so thankful for her friendship with Timothée. So many girls from their old middle school wanted to date him or be friends with him, but he decided to be friends with Cassie of all girls. Just his existence made Cassie's heart explode.
She texted him back then got ready for the day. She was going to see a movie with Ansel, Saoirse, and Ansel's crush and Cassie's old ballet friend, Violetta. Even Cassie had to say that she was fucking adorable.
Her phone dinged beside her, seeing texts flooding her phone from Saorise, Ansel, and Violetta in the groupchat they made the night before.
be careful children that's a lotta sodium™️

violetta💝: what time are you picking us up??
ansel😤👊🏻💓💖: like in an hour
saoirse💓: YAY IM SOOOO EXCITED
violetta💝: ME TOO
ansel😤👊🏻💓💖: btw does anyone have like five dollars to give ya boy

Cassie texted back all her friends, and when Ansel's mom honked her horn, she knew she would have a fun day.
*******
After seeing Harry Potter for the seventh time, the group went back to Ansel's house to hangout. Saoirse took up all of Ansel's mother's backseat in her minivan to hold her extra popcorn and candy because she had "too much money". When they got to Ansel's house, Violetta said aloud, "Wow."
"Have you never been here?" Cassie asked.
Violetta shook her head, "No. Wow your house is huge."
Ansel's mom laughed, "We can thank his father and his grandmother." Cassie wasn't as shocked as Violetta when she went over to Ansel's house, but she understood why she was so amazed. Ansel's house was the biggest on his block, basically taking up half the block itself. When she first came over to Ansel's house to play Mario Kart, she stared at his house with her mouth open for a good five minutes. She remembered Ansel laughing beside her while she thought through everything.
"C'mon guys, I wanna play Forza." Ansel said as they entered his garage, him having to pull Violetta by the arm because she was still so amazed.
Saoirse and Cassie followed Ansel into his house, grabbed some extra food in his kitchen, then went to his basement where his xbox and many games were ready to play for hours.
*******
"Flight 32 boarding now," The flight attendant said by the door. Timothée couldn't sit still, he was playing with his hair, tapping his feet to his music blasting on his headphones, and the only things on his mind were home and Cassie.
It was strange to him as to how he had never become closer to her until last year. He had gone to school with her since he could remember things, and he always remembered him- but they were never friends. They were acquaintances and they had not crossed the line of friendship until eighth grade. He was just amazed as to how she has had such a huge impact on his life. Timothée smiled to himself as he thought of her, and how he had left his family vacation for this girl. He was coming home alone six days before schedule for his best friend of a year. Cassie Ledin.
*******
"SIXTH RACE ANSEL I'M WINNING NOW." Saoirse yelled, grabbing her controller angrily and choosing a large racecar. "DON'T EVEN TEST ME THIS ROUND."
Ansel's eyes widened and he looked over at Cassie as if she was The Office camera. As if to say wow would you listen to her? Cassie smiled, knowing exactly what that look implied and went back to talking about high school with Violetta.
Cassie pulled out her phone and started to text Timothée as she glanced at the TV occasionally so Ansel didn't get mad she wasn't spending "quality time" with him. As she texted, the texts didn't fully deliver, which made her a little suspicious.
She pursed her lips and put her phone away, ready to play Forza with her friends, but in the back of her mind she was thinking about Timothée.
*******
He had two plane rides alone, one was from Paris, France to Manchester, England. The next would be from Manchester (with a hour layover so he could eat about ten croissants) straight home to New York City. Timothée had it all planned the night before, telling his parents how homesick he was and how he couldn't stand France anymore, and even though they were mad about how he sounded like a spoiled brat in a different country, they sent him home as long as he made plans to stay at either his aunt's apartment in the heart of New York City, or plan to stay with one of his friends until his parents got home. With that idea forming in his brain, he texted Cassie's mom the plan. He would fly in, she would pick him up from the airport around seven p.m., and from there they would go to the Ledin's and stay there until the Chalamet's got back from France. Mrs. Ledin was surprised at his plan, but agreed, knowing about how much Cassie wanted to see him again, and how often she talked about him, she allowed him to stay with them.
Timothée landed in NYC around six p.m., and instantly was shocked at how many messages flooded his phone at baggage claim. He found his suitcase, bought three more croissants at the Starbucks, then sat down to wait for Mrs. Ledin, who said she was about four miles away, counting traffic. So it'd be a good thirty minutes or more. Timothée sat on his phone the whole time he waited, reading texts from Cassie that were sent only mere hours ago- four p.m. He was in the air at that time. Anxiously tapping his feet as he waited for Cassie's mom, all he could think about was how happy he was to be home. None of his friends understood how happy he was to be back- France was fun and Paris was fucking beautiful, but he missed the people he actually cared about. Even his parents weren't too mad he was leaving because of how sad he seemed after the first few days of the trip, just a little bit disappointed.

Mrs. Ledin: HERE!

Timothée felt his heart skip a beat as he stood up, grabbed his bags, and quickly walked through the airport until he got to the entrance. He could see Mrs. Ledin's famous Prius sitting by where drop-off's happen, and was waving hysterically with a large smile on her face. He ran to her car and threw his bags in the back, then sat in shotgun next to Cassie's mom.
"Timmy! How are you sweetie?" Cassie's mom started with a large smile.
"Good, pretty tired though. How about you?"
"Excited for Cassie, and a little tired since I had an early meeting today." She told him. "How excited are you to be back?"
"Actually I'm really happy." He replied, watching the airport slowly fade away as they began to drive.