act one / scene four

"I'm on my way home now!"
Cassie jumped into Ansel's moms car and made their way to her house. Violetta and Saoirse both were picked up by their parents already, and typically Ansel and Cassie would have a late-night horror movie marathon, but today her mom made sure she got home early.
"Do you think that's suspicious at all?" Cassie asked Ansel.
Ansel shrugged, "Maybe some family want to have dinner. Or like a family night. Who knows?" They turned into her neighborhood, "I doubt it's something bad."
"Yeah, I guess." She replied, biting her lip. She hummed along to Dua Lipa on the radio until they pulled up to her house. She was anxious, and didn't know why. "See ya soon, Ansel." She said as she climbed out of the car. Cassie quickly made her way to her front door and knocked on it, suddenly hearing her dog yip at her from the inside. She saw her mom's face peak through the window of the door and unlock it. Cassie's mom waved at Ansel's mom as she backed out of the driveway, "Thanks for dropping Cassie off!" She yelled.
Cassie entered her own home, but it felt off. "So why did you want me home early?" She asked as she slipped off her shoes and began to follow her mom into the kitchen.
"Because I have a surprise for you." Her mom said with a grin. Cassie entered the kitchen with knitted eyebrows until she saw her best friend, fucking Timothée Chalamet sitting at her kitchen island and eating a cookie.
"TIMMY!" She screamed, running up to him and squeezing him to death. "I missed you so so much."
Timothée hugged her tighter, "I missed you more. That's why I came home early."
"What about your parents?"
"They'll come home later this week. I have about six days until they come home." He told her with a grin as they let go of each other. "And your parents were nice enough to let me stay with you guys."
"OH MY GOD!" She hugged him again. Cassie felt as if she would cry, she was so grateful to see Timothée again. Even though it was only a year, it felt like a millennia for how long she's been friends with the boy. Cassie's mom watched the exchange and wished she could stop time with how beautiful their friendship was. They looked as if they were looking at a piece of art.
Cassie turned to her mom suddenly, "Mom, thank you so much!" She said beaming.
"Of course, sweetie. We love Timothée too." She replied to her daughter with a smile. "Now how about you show Timothée to his room and help him unpack?"
"Sure," She looked at Timothée. "Come on, you're staying in the guest room."
*******
She held his hand as she led him to his room. It was across the hall from her, with grey walls and beige carpet, and a view of the houses behind her. It had a large queen bed in the middle and a small tv across from him that was attached to the wall. "How have you been, Timmy? I've missed you so much." She said, still holding his hand for dear life. Without Cassie's realization but her grip gave him goosebumps.
"I'm a little tired since I had to get up so early, but otherwise I'm good." He said, "I'm so happy I came back though. I missed you more than you could ever realize."
Cassie raised her eyebrows and showed him his room. He glanced around and set his suitcase and backpack on the bed. "I doubt that's even possible, Timmy." Cassie hopped on the bed and laid below Timothee's figure, staring at her in awe. Her blonde braids were splayed around, and her smile was his actual death. She was just wearing a basic band shirt and athletic shorts but Timothée felt as if he would implode.
She grabbed his arm and pulled him onto the bed. He awkwardly adjusted himself so he was holding Cassie and she was staring at the wall opposite from the door. His heart was racing as he watched her slowly breathe, and her vanilla perfume was so nostalgic for him. Timothée felt like he could take a bath in that scent, he could never get tired of it.
"It's so nice you're back, Timmy. Even when your parents come back, do you think you could still stay here?"
He played with her fingers as she turned to face him, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Maybe. My parents would probably have me stay with them for a little bit though. Are you going anywhere else this summer?"
"Nope," She replied.
There was silence between the two. There was peace between them. Cassie closed her eyes and focused on their breathing and thought about the next six ethereal days with Timothée. "That would be amazing if you could stay longer. It would be like a cliche teen romance movie."
He pulled Cassie tighter to his chest, his head in her hair and wishing he could freeze time with her. All Timothée wanted was endless time with her. "I can try and persuade my parents, but you never know."
Cassie nodded into his chest. "You're going to STM in August, right?"
He almost laughed, "Of course I am, my parents would kill me if I didn't."
"So would I, I love our friends but it would be horrible without you." She told him.
"I feel the same way." Timothée replied, smiling at the wall at just the thought of four more years with Cassie.