The Lovely Lucille

Rachel sipped her rose tea, the subtle flavor matching the relaxed mood she was in. Ava was entertaining herself on her thick blanket, sitting up which her aunt Valerie made fun of a few weeks ago. The little girl showed her, Valerie had to eat her own words now that baby Ava could sit up on her own. Ava mumbled something to her, her bright eyes alight with humor. Letting Ava play by herself Rachel focused on reorganizing her bookcases. Ethan hired a moving company to pack up her belongings back at her parents' house, the company moved her belongings to their new apartment and also organized them. It must have cost a fortune, that was something she didn't want to think about. It was efficient and they could move into their new apartment without any issues. Yet when it came to her book and movie collection she had a certain system. The system she came up with after years of collecting her favorite books and movies was now ruined. So she decided that on a quiet Wednesday after two weeks of settling into their new apartment it was time for her to get her old system back when it came to her favorite book and movies.
Soft music played in the background, classical music which she loved listening to whenever she was reading a book or cleaning the house. She hummed to the tunes, rearranging her books while checking on Ava every once in a while to make sure the little girl was still okay.

"Rache?"

She nearly dropped a pile of books, hearing Ethan call out to her. It wasn't even two in the afternoon yet. The guy was supposed to be at the office, doing whatever Ethan Hunter did which made him famous in the business world. She listened to him talk about his work whenever he needed to talk to someone, but most of the time she didn't get it. Valerie did, however, so her sister could most of the time talk some sense into her stubborn fiancé.
Rachel steadied the books in her arms and trailed her eyes to Ethan who walked into the room. He greeted her with a smile and headed straight for Ava, picking the little girl up to hug her. It was adorable to see how much Ethan loved Ava, his fear of Ava not recognizing him as her father was completely gone now. Ethan was showing the girl a ton of affection, it made her smile at the sight of them being so cute together. She couldn't help but tease her fiancé, wanting to see his eyes glittering with that playful spark.

"Ava gets hugs and kisses while I only get somewhat of a smile?" She pouted, turning her back to her fiancé while she started to put away the books in the correct order, "Guess, that's how it is from now on." She muttered.

"Is someone pouting?" Ethan asked her.

Rachel kept silent, pressing her lips together to make sure she wouldn't give herself away. Thankfully her back was turned to him so he couldn't see the weird faces she was making to ensure she wouldn't burst out in laughter. She heard Ethan move closer to her, she wanted to turn away but Ava's little fingers brushing over her cheek and then settling in her hair made her melt. She grabbed Ava's little hand and kissed it.

"Hello to you too, Rache." She smiled when Ethan leaned in and kissed her lips. It was a soft and quick kiss, barely there but she loved it anyway, "Obviously both Ava and I appreciate you."

Once her arms were free she wrapped them around her fiancé's waist, leaning into his side while she watched her little family.

"Not that I don't like you being home early, but why are you home at like two in the afternoon?" She asked him.

"Oh, right." Ethan's surprised voice made her chuckle, "Mom called. She managed to make an appointment at some bridal shop. You're supposed to try on some dresses while I babysit Ava."

"Right now?" Rachel asked him to clarify his vague explanation.

"Yes, a car is waiting downstairs for you."

She stepped away from her fiancé and gave him a slap on the shoulder. He placed his hand on the back of Ava's head and gently held her to him while he glared at her.