Proud Sister

Rachel followed Ethan into their apartment, watching him with amusement in her eyes as he strolled right to Valerie and took Ava from her, cuddling the little girl as if he hadn't seen her a decade. Ethan had dropped his luggage in the hallway, not even caring that one of their guests could trip over it, wanting to see Ava that desperately. She dropped her bag off in their bedroom, being considerate of the fact that Valerie was still around and Gabriel was going to come over any minute now. She didn't want either one of them to trip and get hurt. As she strolled back into the living room and glanced at her fiancé she figured that Ethan probably couldn't care less right now. It made her shake her head while a chuckle left her lips.

"What?" Valerie asked, curiosity clear in her eyes.

"I was just thinking that Ava is the love of Ethan's life and I'm just an afterthought."

Valerie covered her mouth with her hand, hiding her smile, "It's not like that."

It was clear that Valerie couldn't hide her amusement though. Her sister was the worst actress in the world. As she really looked at her sister she noticed how comfortable Valerie looked. She hadn't see Valerie in clothes like that in a while now. The only time her sister wore comfortable clothes was when she was recovering from the accident. She folded her arms across her chest and closed in on Valerie. Her sister looked weary of her, stepping back, carefully stepping closer to Ethan.

"What are you wearing?" She asked her sister.

Valerie glanced down at her clothes, she could tell that her sister didn't understand what she was asking of her.

"Clothes?" Valerie asked, rather than stated.

Ethan stepped beside Valerie, letting his eyes wander from head to toe. If it had been under different circumstances she would have hit him, but she could tell that Ethan was thinking the same thing as her.

"You look worse than Rachel when she is wearing her mommy clothes."

Rachel gasped, "Excuse me?"

He didn't even look ashamed of stating that so casually, "What? It's true." The fact that he was even slightly feeling guilty for it made her want to smack him anyway, "Lately you've been wearing your normal clothes again, but I'm sure that's because Emma doesn't want you to walk around her place with baby puke on your sweatshirt."

She closed in on him, Valerie awkwardly standing between them. Neither one of them paid her sister much attention though.

"I do not walk around with Ava's puke all over me. Nor do I neglect me."

"Rache-"

She pointed at him, "Think carefully about what you're going to say. If it's another insult you can use that vibrator on yourself from now on."

"Oh my God!" Valerie snapped, burying her face in her hands, "I hate you guys so much right now." She whispered.

"It's just a vibrator," Ethan muttered.

Valerie dropped her hands and glared at him, "Don't say that in front of the baby."

Ethan glanced down at his little girl who was comfortably leaning her head against his shoulder while trying to eat her little fist.

"She doesn't understand a word I'm saying."

Valerie turned to him, both sisters turning on Ethan which made him feel uncomfortable. Rachel had to admit that she liked seeing him like that. His confidence crumbled down and he looked so small even though he was a tall guy who usually intimidated those around him with his mere presence.