Maddison Hunter

Rachel served Ryan his usual coffee, the man standing across the counter looking like he was quite enjoying himself while texting on his phone. She didn't exist to him right now. She'd be lying if she said that it didn't hurt her pride. She wanted him to at least give her that handsome smile of his. He owed her that much for all the free coffee he was getting. She placed her hands on the counter, tapping away at it with her nails. The sound caught Ryan's attention and by the looks of it he caught on quickly. He had the decency to look embarrassed about his behavior as he pocketed his phone.

"Sorry, I was caught up in something."

"Oh, I could tell." She told him, not being able to hide the sass in her voice.

Instead of his handsome usual smile, he showed her his awkward, little smile. He reached for his coffee and sipped carefully from it.

"Amazing, as usual." He mumbled, trying to break the tension between them.

She rolled her eyes at him, "Cute, I'll let it slide this time."

"Oh, you think I'm cute?"

The hardness in her eyes didn't fade as she glared at him, "You know very well most women like to appreciate your looks."

"I'm hurt though, I'd like women to like me for my personality."

She pointed at the cup which he placed upon the counter, "You know what? Grab your coffee and get out of here, I've had enough of you this morning."

He tried to give her the puppy eyes, which didn't work. Ava made her immune to the puppy eyes. Somehow her daughter who could barely sit up and scoot herself across her bed figured out how to get her way with her daddy and those around her. The little girl was quite a pro when it came to manipulating those around her. Her behavior was almost frightening, really. Ryan's look did absolutely nothing to her.

"I'm sorry that might work on Naomi, but I couldn't care less."

"You're really pissed this morning." Ryan sighed, "I'm sorry I treated you like all these other rude people who only pay attention to either their phone or tablet." He gestured around the room, "I deserve your sass since I behaved like them."

She pressed her lips together, not wanting to laugh at that. He insulted most of her customers and by the looks of it, they were quite offended by him. It was the truth though. Everyone who drank their hot beverage was either scrolling down their phone or tablet. No one was communicating nor paying attention to their surroundings.

"Fine, apology accepted." She whispered, "Please, stop insulting my customers."

He smirked, "Thanks, so how is Ethan doing? I heard he collapsed back at Boston."

"Yeah due to exhaustion." She told Ryan, "He is fine though, he just needed to rest."

Ryan nodded, "I see, glad to hear he's okay."

He sounded sincere so she didn't tease him about it. Her eyes wandered to the entrance as she watched a young woman with sleek dark brown hair, a pair of designer glasses and amazing high heels approach her. The woman swayed her hips from side to side, making it look like she was participating a runway show. Ryan who also observed the woman looked impressed by her. Rachel had to admit that even though she couldn't see half the woman's face she was gorgeous. The woman stood beside Ryan, her perfume dark and sensual.

"Rachel King?"

Rachel awkwardly brushed her hair behind her ear, "Yes?"

The woman lowered her glasses, a grin spreading across her face while she looked like she was the happiest woman on the planet.