GDB QLQH

Bill never had the chance to explore the Pines' family house yet. He was so excited to learn some new secrets that he only had a granola bar for breakfast and he raced to the front door of the house-the beginning. He wondered where he could start first...

He finalized that he should start at the top and work his way to the bottom.

The upstairs hallway was plain and simple-the stairway was at the end of the hall. The walls were painted white and the doors were wood. The snowflakes were still there. Both sides of the hallway had rooms and there were pictures nailed to the walls. On Dipper's door, he could see two posters about aliens and space. On Mabel's door, he could see magazine cut-outs, drawings, pictures of friends, and the casing was painted hot pink. Her door made him feel like he was in some teen girl movie. The other rooms' doors were not decorated. The bathroom at the end of the wall was nothing special, it was just painted white as well.

Bill studied the pictures on the wall. The first one he saw was a picture of the whole family. Mabel and Dipper looked to be in second grade, maybe. The other pictures along the walls were full of other family pictures and pictures of the twins and relatives throughout the years in order. He also saw a picture or two of Stan and Ford in the sea.

He was going to explore downstairs next, and outside after that. He needed his coat and he didn't feel like going up and down the house, so he'd grab that now.

Bill barged into Dipper's room, who was on the computer typing away at his desk, and grabbed his coat and went out.

Dipper, meanwhile, was eager to finish the over winter break project. He really wanted to start on researching wyverns so he could get rid of them, but he needed to finish this.

Mabel and Pacifica were out shopping, Stan and Ford were out too, and Bill was doing whatever, he didn't really care, and his parents didn't bother him so he had no distractions as of right now. He felt himself getting lost in the background music and entered his characters' world.

That's when he heard it.

He heard the sound of keys of a piano being pressed downstairs. It was a fast crescendo of notes and it was an overall happy tune. Dipper waved it off- it was probably his mother playing. Wait... he didn't recognize the piece. He went downstairs to inspect.

Then he heard the singing.

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when..."

It was Bill. He could play piano? He didn't know that. He also didn't know he sang as well. It sounded wonderful... maybe he took classes?

The sound of his singing and the notes of the piano blended together gloriously. It sounded as if this song had a deeper, emotional meaning to it.

"Keep smiling through, just like you always do, 'till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away."

Then he heard Bill's fingers slip on the keys with an awful CLANK and a filthy curse. Dipper crashed back into the real world and he realized that his eyes were tearing up.

Bill was looking up at him with a red face. Dipper could have sworn that Bill's eyes were damp.

Dipper coughed awkwardly from where he stood leaning against the wall. "Uh, I heard you playing so I came to watch." He let out a choked chuckle. Nice, Dipper. "So... you, uh, play?" He asked, ever so smooth.

Bill turned back to the piano and picked up his worn brown coat from beside him on the wooden bench and hugged it. "U-um, you can say that. It's the only piece I know," he replied, almost a whisper.