GDB WKLUHHQ

"Mason?"

"Yeah, mom?"

"I had this weird dream yesterday, at least," Mrs. Pines paused, "what I think was a dream."

They'd been sitting on the couch in the living room with hot chocolate, just watching TV in the early morning just because they could. They used to do this all the time and now they had the time to just chill for a bit before everyone else woke up.

She really didn't remember? She thought it was a dream. We've been hiding the monster stuff from our parents for way too long, Dipper thought. It may be time to break the news. I don't know what to expect.

Dipper muted the TV and faced his mother. She looked alarmed. Here goes nothing, "Monsters are real."

She blinked and stiffened. She didn't move for a whole minute and a half until Dipper interjected softly, "Mom? Are you okay?"

Leah's barely even there wrinkles seemed stark against her face. She blinked a few times at his voice. Dipper noticed that her hands were shaking so he slowly took the hot chocolate out of her hands and set it on the end table, careful not to startle her.

She looked down at the couch, her hands fidgeting. "I-I don't know, I don't know how to feel about this. I hope you're joking," she looked up at him again but quickly turned her eyes away. "Of course you wouldn't be joking with me, your jokes are terrible," Dipper made an offended sound at the back of his throat. His mother started stuttering and Dipper touched her shoulder.

"Mom, it's okay," He said soothingly. "We've been dealing with monsters and stuff for years. We took care of that monster from yesterday easily."

Her dark eyes snapped up, startling Dipper this time. "We?"

Dipper frowned. There was no backing out of this...and he couldn't lie to his mother. "Yeah. Me, Mabel, the Stans, and Bill."

"All of you?"

Dipper fidgeted uncomfortably. "Yeah..."

Leah scoffed. "And to think my family would tell me everything." But she had a ghost of a smile on her lips.

Dipper shrugged, unsure. "We didn't know if you'd believe us or not."

Mrs. Pines looked up at him again. "I know where you're coming from. I wouldn't believe me either. Awkward parent hug?"

"N-no, that's o-okay--oh, there it is..." Dipper pats his mother on the back awkwardly when she put an arm around his side, but Dipper smiled nonetheless. Leah and Timothy Pines made up the awkward parent hug, the awkward sibling hug, the awkward glitter hug (courtesy of Mabel), you name it.

"YO YO YO YO YO WHAT TIME IS IT? SHOWTIME—oh, I'm interrupting a tender moment. I'll go back upstairs."

Dipper jumped when Mabel suddenly came down the stairs. "The time is 6 AM, Mabel, for your information. Are you serious?!"

His sister shrugged, jumping down the stairs all the way to the floor, why would she do that?! She sprinted over to them and squeezed both him and their mom. Dipper said, "Why do you have to yell Hamilton lyrics at 6 AM?"

He felt Mabel frown darkly against his neck. "Then stand, Dipper. Weehawken. Dawn. Guns. Drawn."

Dipper groaned put pat her back. "Why do I even love you."

Mrs. Pines squeezed them. "We all love each other."

"That's true!" Bill piped up—wait—