Working With the Brute

I'm baaaaaaackkkkkk~~~~~~~~!!!

It's me Author-chan with another one-shot!!

I'm currently writing this in school during my free time cuz why not (`・ω')

This one-shot is a remake of one of the one-shots I previously deleted some time ago cuz the first one was crappy.

Hehe...

It's about Izaya ignoring Shizuo because he's trying to work. Of course, Shizuo isn't having it.

Well,

ON TO THE ONE-SHOT!!

————————————————————————

Rapid clicking noises could be heard when you enter Shizuo and Izaya's apartment. The noise was emitting from his computer, typing away. Crimson eyes with bags under them were locked onto the screen in front of him.

His fingertips were white, and pale. He could feel his hands aching from the constant typing. But he had no right to complain, he had to have this turned in within 48 hours. The amount of paperwork was astounding to any average working human, but it's the norm for the small informant.

He's usually not very taken aback like this when it comes to work, but he's stressed and exhausted. He has been staying up very late at night just to gather his daily dose of information. But, it's mainly manipulating people and screwing with others. He doesn't feel any remorse for those who take the wrong path. He finds it amusing.

Though, he did such things today, but there was so bitter laughing or entertainment. It seemed as if he was used to it. Therefore, he's exhausted from his work.

It made him feel human...

The thought pissed him off to no end.

But, since when was he a human?

He shrugged off the thought and continued to work through hell. He was so focused on his computer screen that he didn't notice a certain blond man staring at him from afar on their couch.

"Izaya," Shizuo mumbled.

The message was not received and he kept working.

"Izaya!" He said once more in a very loud voice.

The sudden outburst gave the informant a shock and he jumped back from the keyboard. He looked around to see where the yell came from and his eyes locked with mocha orbs.

"Shizu-chan?" He said with a hint of surprise in his voice, "When d-did you get h-here?"

"Not too long ago, actually," Shizuo answered nonchalantly.

"You could've told me," He said with an annoyed tone.

"But I didn't."

The tiny informant was upset that his lover managed to get through the front door without even noticing him. There was a thick atmosphere in the room, and he could feel himself starting to get nauseous.

"Shizu-chan, what do-"

Izaya never finished his sentence. He was interrupted with multiple 'dings' from his computer. His boss, Shiki-san, had sent him 4 more jobs to do. They were all information gathering jobs. Izaya was not new to this, he gets this all the time. Then he glanced at the deadline, which said his work was due in 48 hours.

He wanted to cry and curl up next to his lover. He had still had hundreds of documents that needed to be completed that day. Sometimes he wondered if his boss even knows he has a life too.

He let out a sigh and he felt himself getting unbelievably frustrated. His fingers were shaking at the pure sight of his keyboard. He wanted to go sleep and have the night to himself.

"Izaya, everything okay?" The ex-bartender asked.

There was no answer from the information broker. His eyes were getting glassy and he felt hot. He wanted to tell Shizuo that he wanted to sleep.

He looked over to his left with his face on his shoulders. Mocha orbs met crimson, and they lost each other in their eyes. The pleading aura that emitted off of Izaya didn't go unnoticed by the blond.

So, Shizuo got up from his seat and made his way to his lover. Izaya has his arms wide open; he wanted to be held. And taken away from the pure hell right on his desk.

He picked Izaya up like a newborn baby and carried him to their bedroom. He placed him on the bed and let him get comfortable. As Shizuo was leaving, Izaya gently grabbed his hand.

"Stay?" He asked hesitantly.

He only gave him a soft smile to say "yes". Izaya gave him a look of relief and scooted over to make some room for him. Shizuo joined him in bed and pulled the sheets over their bodies.

He encased Izaya in his arms and he could hear a soft giggle erupt from the smaller male. Izaya buried his face into Shizuo's chest. His 'Shizu-chan'. He could feel himself falling into the darkness. The bliss known as sleep was consuming him whole. And before he go completely out, he heard a soft voice above him.

"G'night, Love.."

—————————————————————————

I know, I ended this one-shot exactly like my previous one.  And that it's short...

I apologize for that, my fault.

I couldn't think up another ending for this, so I decided I'd end it like this. Lol I'm being way more lazy than usual. I have limited free time and I'm trying to post this before the bell rings.

So I'm hoping this will suffice for now until I think of another one-shot.

I'll make it 100x better!!!!

See you next chapter!!!