Chat Found (1/3)

A Miraculous Ladybug version of the scene from How to Train Your Dragon 2 where Toothless gets controlled and his friendship with Hiccup breaks the control.

•••

Ladybug watched as her plan started crumbling around her. Master Fu was just killed defending the miraculous'. It was a bloody battle, and Ladybug had known he didn't stand a chance against Hawk Moth, he was old and frail and in no shape to fight.

But still, he was determined, and so were Ladybug and Chat Noir when Hawk Moth had approached them, a smirk plastered on his face.

"You'll never get our miraculous' Hawk Moth!" Chat yelled, venom laced his every word.

"Oh, but I already have." He sneered and held out his palm.

A white butterfly flew onto his hand, and as it landed, he put his other hand over it. After a few moments, he lifted his hand, letting the butterfly go, and commanded, "Fly my little akuma! And show him what true misery feels like!"

Chat glanced at Ladybug as the now purple butterfly flew toward him. It landed on his ring as he put his hands on his head and started screaming, his eyes closed tight in pain.

He started pulling at his hair violently as Ladybug ran over. "Chat? What's wrong?"

His eyes burst open as he stuck his hand out at the speed of light, stopping her in her tracks. He fell to his knees and continued to scream in agony.

"What did you do to him?!" Ladybug demanded Hawk Moth.

He simply ignored her as Chat stopped screaming. She looked over to her feline partner to find him instead in a white suit, standing up, his green eyes slits.

He slowly turned to face Ladybug as she started walking backward. "Chat?"

Chat raised his hand in the air and yelled, "Cataclysm!"

Around his right hand, white swirls had appeared.

"C'mon Chat, this isn't you! You're strong, please fight it!" Ladybug begged when he kept walking toward her.

She held her arm out as if it would do something. Ladybug saw Hawk Moth smirk before turning and walking away from the scene. She felt something behind her and realized Chat had cornered her with the Eiffel Tower.

Growing desperate she yelled, "Chat! Your akumatized and your scaring me! I won't fight you, just stop!"

All he did in response to her was lift his hand as he grew closer. At this point, Ladybug was petrified, it would take too long to use her lucky charm and he would surely charge if she used her yo-yo.

"C'mon Chat!"

The sound of her fellow superhero Rena Rouge was heard. "Ladybug!"

She looked to her left to find Rena running toward her, fear filled her eyes.

"Rena!" Ladybug yelled at her, "Stay away!"

Chat was nearly on top of Ladybug when Rena jumped, pushing Ladybug. In an instant, Chat brought his hand down to his victim, but instead of hitting Ladybug, his hand collided with Rena's shoulder.

The dust cleared to reveal Chat, still akumatized, staring blankly at the ground ahead of him. In front of him lay Rena.

"No." Ladybug whispered as she stood up and ran over to her fallen partner.

A tear fell down her cheek as she tried to get Rena to stand, but it was no use. Ladybug knelt down and held Rena's head and shoulders in her hands, resting her against her lap.

Ladybug was so distraught, she didn't hear another superhero, Queen Bee, approach.

Slowly, the blonde superhero put her hand to Rena's chest, hoping to feel a heartbeat. Nothing. Reluctantly, Queen Bee turned to tell Ladybug, but the look Ladybug gave her told her she knew.

"No. This is all my fault!" Ladybug yelled.

An orange flash alerted everyone that Rena's transformation wore off and she became her civilian identity. Her kwami gasped before landed next to her, breathing heavy and covered in cuts.

"A-Alya?" Ladybug whispered as more tears fell from her eyes.

She looked at Queen Bee, who had let some tears shed, and said, "This is all my fault, if I had gotten more information on Hawk Moth, I-."

Queen Bee cut her off, "I-it wasn't your f-fault. It was Hawk Moth's."

"What happened?" A sad, confused voice asked.

Ladybug looked up to see Chat Noir, now not akumatized, looking at Rena with frightened eyes. She stared blankly at him as he walked toward Rena. As he held out a hand to check her pulse, Ladybug stood up and screamed at him, "No! Get away! You caused this!"

"M'lady, I," Chat started but Ladybug continued yelling at him.

"Get out of here! Stay away from her!"

Pain pierced his heart as he saw in Ladybug's eyes that she was furious with him, but he could also see guilt and sorrow. With one last look at his love, he turned and ran away.

Ladybug watched with regret as he hurriedly run away to a nearby roof of a building.