Chat Found (2/3)

I realized a little late that Toothless gets controlled again and is ridden by Drago as Hiccup is by his father. So now, I'll have to fit it in somewhere. Also, the above picture makes me concerned about Luka's impact on Adrienette.
Enjoy!!😄
•••

She stood there as they put Alya in a coffin and in the back of a funeral car, the trunk open so people could pay their respects. A crowd had formed but it was still dead silent. She didn't feel sad, she didn't feel angry, she didn't feel pain, she just felt, empty.

Alya has been her best friend and wing-girl since the first day of school. Through good times and bad, she was there. Guilt overcame Ladybug as she replayed the scene in her head.

What did I do to deserve her as a friend? She thought sadly.

Alya's parents had been notified and were to meet at the Eiffel Tower for a quick memorial. Shouts and cries were heard as her parents ran through the crowd to get to their daughter. Their faces paled once they saw the coffin.

Ladybug turned away and whipped her yo-yo to the top of the Eiffel Tower and pulled. She landed on a steel bar and watched quietly, silent tears falling down her face, as everyone paid their respects to the teen.

Master Fu (who decided to come back to life, but can't change that) had also come to pick up Trixx, Alya's kwami. He said she would make a full recovery but that didn't do much to lighten the situations.

When most of the crowd had gone, Ladybug gathered herself, wiped away her tears and leaped down behind the car. She stared at the ground to stop herself from sobbing before walking over to her fallen friend.

"I'm sorry Alya. You didn't deserve to live such a short life." Ladybug whispered as a tear slid down her cheek.

Queen Bee appeared next to her, her eyes red and puffy from crying. Ladybug continued her respects, "No one could match your kind, determined, caring, and protective nature. You're one of a kind and that's what a liked about you."

She choked up when she used the past tense to describe her best friend. Letting Queen Bee say her farewells, Ladybug stepped back and cried.

She couldn't hold back her tears any longer. Alya had been there for her, both as a superhero and civilian.

Time seemed to slow down as people left and the car drove away with Alya, leaving Ladybug and Queen Bee staring at the spot where the car had rounded the corner out of sight.

"W-what now?" Queen Bee's shaky voice asked.

Ladybug was about to respond when a familiar voice distracted her.

"Go my little akuma, go and evilize your victim." Hawkmoth ordered the purple butterfly evilly as it flew upwards to a building.

The superheroes watched, mortified, as Chat appeared on the roof of that building, dressed in white leather. He leaped down, using his staff, and landed beside Hawkmoth, who was at least 50 feet away.

Ladybug glanced at Queen Bee who only gave her a worried look. A tear fell down her cheek as she returned her gaze to Chat, who was grinning and had a pink butterfly outline around his face.

"What did you just tell him?!" Ladybug demanded Hawkmoth.

He smirked but ignored her. Suddenly, Chat came charging at them. Ladybug ducked and Queen Bee tripped him. She was reaching for her weapon when Ladybug spoke, "No! This is between me and him, I've got this. Go make sure the citizens are safe."

Queen Bee glanced at Chat, who was now standing, before racing off to protect the citizens of Paris.

Ladybug turned back to Chat as he awaited further instruction from Hawkmoth. Her mind told her to fight him and find his akuma, but her heart said otherwise.

"Chat, please. I know you're in there somewhere,  and I know your strong. Fight it, fight Hawkmoth's control." She pleaded as tears rimmed her eyes.

Hawkmoth snorted as he came to stand behind Chat, "It won't work. But go ahead, try your luck."

"C'mon Chat. We've been through so much, don't give up now. We need you, Paris needs you." She paused before saying, "I need you."

His eyes flickered to normal before going back to slits, and his suit had darkened slightly before going back to white. Ladybug stepped closer and  whispered, "We're a team, remember?"

She slowly lifted her hand and curled her fingers, creating a fist. Once her arm was out, she asked him, "Pound it?"

Ladybug swore she saw his right hand move toward her a little as he twitched his head, his eyes going normal than back again a few times before staying slits.

She barely heard Hawkmoth whisper to himself as he watched, "Impossible."

Chat shook his head and his eyes briefly became his happy, innocent ones, before returning to the cold, blank stare. Stepping closer, Ladybug let a few tears fall as she spoke, "Chat your my partner, my friend, and friends never abandon each other. I won't abandon you because of what you did, it wasn't your fault. You didn't know you were doing it."

His suit became a deep gray and his eyes were normal for longer, as he looked at Ladybug genuinely. "That's it! You got it Chat!"

But in a flash, his suit went white and his glassy stare was back. "Fight it Chat. You're strong, I believe in you." She contemplated her next sentence before saying it, "I, I love you Chat. I c-can't bear to lose you."

With that, his suit turned black and his eyes filled with joy and love. He smiled big at her as he said, "I love you too M'lady."

Ladybug smiled big and gasped as she stared into his emerald eyes, too happy for words. The two forgot Hawkmoth was there before he screamed, "Enough!"

Chat glared at him from the corners of his eyes and he filled with rage as Hawkmoth lifted his cane and was about to bring it down on him. In an instant, he whipped around, grabbing the cane in his clawed hands and hissed, "Don't."

Chat twisted his hands so that the cane flipped. It was so sudden that Hawkmoth wasn't ready and was still holding on, causing him to fall.

He landed on his back, Chat still had the cane in hand. Quickly, Chat stood above him, foot on his neck, and hissed, "You sick murderer."

All Hawkmoth did was smirk, so Chat reached down and ripped off his miraculous, bits of purple fabric still attached. The villain widened his eyes and screamed, "No! My miraculous!"

A purple glow appeared by his feet, hands, and at the corners of his mask. With a scowl, Chat lifted his foot and Hawkmoth turned over, shielding his face.

Ladybug came to Chat's side as Hawkmoth became his civilian identity.  The black leather superhero squinted his eyes as the man stood, something about his outfit seemed familiar.

"Turn around Hawkmoth!" Ladybug demanded.

Hawkmoth chuckled and turned to face them, "Oh Ladybug, I prefer to be called Gabriel, Gabriel Agreste."