Bedtime stories

"Alright Emma, time for bed." Marinette said, lifting her daughter from the ground where she was playing with Ladybug and Chat Noir figurines.

"But mommy! I wanna play with Ladybug!" Emma protested as her mother walked down the hallway to her room.

She opened Emma's door and put her in some pajamas. The 5 year old grunted and made a pouty face as Marinette put her in bed. "If you head off to sleep now, the morning will come quicker and you can play with Ladybug again." She said as Emma laid down, allowing Marinette to cover her in a blanket.

"But I want to play with her now!" Emma demanded grumpily.

Marinette smiled as she looked into her eyes. "What if I read you a bed time story instead?"

Emma's face lit up and she begged, "Please mommy! Read the Ladybug and Chat Noir one!"

She chuckled and went to grab the book from her bookshelf. Her daughter was borderline obsessed with the superhero's. I least I know she'll like that I'm Ladybug and Adrien is Chat.

Before she sat down in the chair next to Emma's bed, Marinette shut off the lights and turned on her bedside lamp so she could read. Sitting down, she was about to start reading when the child said, "Wait! What about daddy? He can't miss this!"

Adrien was currently helping the police catch a man who had robbed a store. He wouldn't be back for at least another hour. As she thought up a lie to tell Emma, a familiar voice came from her doorway, "What can't I miss?"

"Mommy's gonna read a story." The girl explained, sitting up as Adrien walked into the room.

He had a small bruise on his left cheek and smelled of both Camembert and raw meat. "What happened to you?" Marinette asked as he sat down in another chair across from her.

"Robber decided to go and rob the zoo of their food. Not sure why but nothing Chat Noir couldn't handle." He said.

Emma got out of bed and motioned for Adrien to pick her up. As she sat on his lap, Marinette began the story.

Both father and daughter listened intently as she described how Ladybug and Chat Noir defeated another akuma. At some points when Marinette glanced up, it looked like Adrien was more interested than Emma was.

She continued reading and before long, soft snores were coming from the two. Marinette giggled as she closed the book and got up to kiss them goodnight.

Neither stirred when she planted a kiss on each of their foreheads and put the book away. She stood in the doorway and looked at her family happily before shutting the light off, going to her room, and heading off to sleep.