Emma (1/2)

11 years ago

In the light of the Eiffel Tower, two silhouettes could be seen on a roof. They stood facing Paris' only orphanage, regret covered their faces.  The one with cat ears appeared to be holding something, or rather someone, delicately in his arms. Next to him, the other silhouette kept glancing between the child in his arms and the building, almost as if to check that this was real.

You see, these two figures were none other than Ladybug and Chat Noir, Paris' superheros, Hawkmoth's rivals, defender of Parisians. They could easily destroy an akuma in less than an hour, and could've defeated Hawkmoth with ease had there not been a small problem: they couldn't find a sitter for their baby girl Emma.

And it only grew worse; taking her with them during battles, Emma getting in harms way way to often, and the miraculous holders couldn't focus on everyday life due to worrying about what to do with her during the next akuma. They couldn't even start there homework!

Yes, they were still in school, with a child, without anyone to help them. Ladybug's parents were in America due to family issues and Chat's father, he knew, he just didn't care. And somehow, their best friends never found out.

The two superheroes had faced tons of challenges and endured plenty of heart ache over the years but nothing could compare to what they were about to do: they were going to give up their daughter.

It was a hard choice, but in the end, it had to be done. Chat turned to Ladybug remorsefully and whispered, "I think it's time."

He heard Ladybug sharply breath in, as if she was trying to hold back a sob. Her eyes glazed over and she seemed to be in another world. A world where she could watch her child grow up and not have to worry about her dying in an akuma fight.

Ladybug eased out of her daze and turned to face his green eyes, not emerald green, just green. He offered her his hand as Emma snuggled up to his chest. Her hand shook lightly as she placed it in Chat's. Their fingers intertwined as she stepped closer to him and Ladybug placed her head on his shoulder, admiring their child as she yawned.

"I wish it didn't end like this." She mumbled as silent tears fell down her cheeks.

"I know." Chat said, giving her hand a comforting squeeze. His voice cracked a bit as he added, "But it's in her best interests."

Ladybug wiped away her tears and hugged Chat tight, but not tight enough to hurt Emma. Her voice was just above a whisper when she said, "I-I'm ready."

In truth, she wasn't ready. She would never be ready to do something like this. But the more she held on, the harder it would be, and she was sure that Chat felt the same.

Quietly, the boy lowered his family down to the ground using his staff. The road was wet from the rain and Emma almost woke up when they landed in a puddle. They walked across the street to the orphanage door.

Standing on the footsteps of the place their daughter would call home, Chat let a few tears out as he handed Emma to Ladybug. She wrapped her in a ladybug spotted blanket before kissing her forehead. Chat did the same and the two just watched her sleep soundly, not knowing what her parents were about to do.

Tears continued to flow down their cheeks, but they never let out a sob, for fear someone would here them. Ladybug breathed shakily as she leaned closer to Emma and whispered, "Me and daddy will always love you, no matter what happens. We love you so much."

"You'll always be daddy's little girl." Chat promised, putting an arm around his lover's shoulders comfortingly.

"And mommy's little butterfly." Ladybug said, remembering all the times Emma would reach for the purified akuma when she released them.

Carefully, she set her down, but she woke anyway and squinted at her parents. Her eyes brimmed with tears when she realized she wasn't at home or in her parents arms. Either one she was fine with, there was no difference to her. At the sight of her daughter's green eyes, Ladybug let more and more tears fall, which then made Emma start to cry as she hugged Chat.

Chat rubbed her back while murmuring soothing words, trying his best to comfort her. A light turning on in the building got his attention and he whispered between deep breaths, "We have to go."

Ladybug hugged him harder and he hugged back before they let go. Emma calmed down a bit as her mother bent down and placed a final kiss to her cheek, then letting Chat do the same.

She quickly grabbed onto him and he extended his pole to a nearby rooftop, all the while their daughter's cries getting louder and louder. Once they landed, they fell to their knees and hugged each other, each sobbing into each other's arms.

The door opened, the light from the house flooding onto the street and onto Emma's tear filled face. Both superhero's watched as a women picked the child up and started comforting her. As she did so, she looked around for the girl's parents, seeing Ladybug and Chat Noir watching her in the process.

She seemed to understand and nodded before turning to go back inside. As the door closed, Ladybug whispered, "Bye bye little butterfly."