Chat found (3/3)

In this story I forgot to add that Gabriel knows Adrien is Chat Noir and his grief made him a worse father than in the show. Enjoy!
•••

Beside her, Chat let out a shaky breath. "F-father?"

"Surprise." His father said with mock excitement.

Ladybug turned to her shocked partner, confusion written on her face, "Chat? What do you mean he's your father?"

That's when it clicked, "A-Adrien?!" She gasped as she started mentally screaming inside her head.

Chat didn't seem to notice that he just gave away his identity, instead his eyes narrowed and he spat, "You. You tried to kill your own son?"

Gabriel straightened as he fixed his tie and stated, "Kill is a strong word. Presenting tough and life threatening challenges sounds better."

"You're a monster!" Ladybug yelled, the villains eyes fixed on her earrings.

She quickly covered them with her hands as Chat whispered, "Mom wouldn't have wanted this."

He was barely audible that Ladybug was surprised that Gabriel heard, "Please, I'm doing this to get her back. Now hand over your miraculouses!"

"What do you mean? Tell me!" Chat demanded.

His father snorted and he said, "Don't tell me you're idiotic and stupid in your superhero identity too! You're nothing compared to Ladybug, you're just her backup, the extra, her sidekick."

Those words hit Chat hard and he stepped back, his eyes glazed with pain and sadness. Ladybug felt terrible that she didn't know he was mentally abused, and possibly physically, at his own home, then again she didn't know she fought crime on a daily basis with her crush. Quickly, Chat regained his composure, "No I'm not! Ladybug and I are a team! Right?"

He turned to her and she nodded, trying to believe that the sweet, innocent, Agreste model was behind that mask.

"Fine. Believe what you want, even if it's a lie." Gabriel said, unamused.

"I believe that you're a terrible father! And I know that's not a lie!" Chat hissed and he lunged at him.

Gabriel tried to dodge his son but Chat managed to grab his tie. He yanked it toward him, bringing Gabriel closer. He lifted his arm up and hissed, "Cataclysm."

His arm started to move toward Gabriel's startled face before Ladybug yelled, "Chat! Stop!"

Chats arm stopped inches from his fathers face. He didn't turn to look at his partner when he spat, "Why? He deserves this!"

"I know your mad, but even Hawkmoth doesn't deserve this. He's still your father Chat, even if he never acted like one. If you choose that, you'd be no better than him, and I don't think you want that." Ladybug said.

Chat huffed before shoving his father away, but not before warning him, "You're lucky someone taught me right from wrong or you'd be dead right now."

Gabriel simply stated, "Please, you would never do that. You're so predictable."

Chat was about to go after him again when suddenly, Ladybug's yo-yo whipped past him and wrapped itself tightly around his father. "That's enough of that!" Ladybug demanded.

"What? Ah, Ladybug. Too scared to fight so you let your sidekick do it for you. As always. I suspected you'd-." He was cut off when Ladybug put ladybug printed duck tape over his mouth.

"Finally! I thought he would never stop with the insults!" Ladybug sighed, grabbing a nearby piece of trash and walking over to Chat.

His mouth formed a sort of half smile as she handed him the trash and said, "Here. To take off cataclysm."