13

Izumi's P.O.V.

---

Woah...

Talk about scary. The amount of demon males that came after Anima was incredible. I wish I could smell what they smelt. Almost instantly, a sweet scent came across and I halted in my tracks. Hisake, Iyato, Menami and Takashi skidded as well and looked back at me.

"What is it?"

"Don't you guys smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"It's sweet." I felt my face heat up as I inhaled the smell.

"Izumi, are you going crazy?"

Suddenly the smell faded and I frowned. That was weird.

"Never mind. Let's go." I began running once again as we made our way to the weapon room.

I know Anima said to go underground but we just can't leave her there to fight those things alone.

---

We jogged our way to the field and skidded to a stop. Anima was laughing. Let me break it down.

Anima.

Was.

Laughing.

Laughing!!???

I watched her spin around and dodge the grabby hands that came her way as she smiled and licked her lips.

"Come here already!" One of the demons ran towards hers, knocking down a few of his own kind in the process. All of that just for her? How sweet does she smell?

"Come on, they haven't seen us yet."

"They're not gonna pay attention to us." I said making Iyato look up at me.

"How do you know?"

"They're drawn to her scent. So much that it's driving them to push their own kind out of the way to get her. We're the least of their priorities right now."

"Well, that's an advantage for us." Hisake tightened her grip on her katana and smiled.

Iyato grinned as well and looked forward.

"Let's go."

I went to move but I inhaled again. The sweet smell was back and it was a million times stronger than before. I exhaled and dropped to my knees as I felt my body heat up.

"Izumi! What's wrong?"

I couldn't answer. I just felt complete and utter pleasure coursing through my veins. What the hell is happening to me?

Suddenly all fighting cease to exist and silence carried through the pasture.

I lifted my head and saw all the demons watching us. Specifically me.

"It's him. He's the one she's drawn to." One of them echoed through the field and I gulped.

"We'll have to get rid of him first."

Wait what!?

Rip. Rip. Bang. Pound. Shred. Scream. Anima appear out of nowhere with a killer expression on her face as she leaped through the demons, tearing all of them apart.

"Touch him and I'll kill you!" She screamed and eventually she faded. She was moving that fast.

I felt the smell and pleasure go away and sighed, standing on my feet.

"Izumi, what happened just now?"

"I don't know. Never mind that." I turned my attention back to the field.