3: field trip

After listening to Jungkook mumble out an embarrassed explanation for his request, I decided to let the kid stay.

His mom, was, cómo se dice, batshit crazy.

Apparently, Jungkook got into a scuffle with some kids at his school.

When his mom found out about it, she went ballistic and kicked him out of the house, claiming he was "an embarrassment to our company and family name".

Which was actually bullshit.

So I let him stay.

He wasn't pure evil like my other family members, just not the brightest bulb in the bunch, if you get what I'm saying.

He even offered to get a job and pay rent to help out around the apartment.

Of course, I politely declined.

He was family, although I didn't really consider myself to have any.

I let him take the guest room, the bedroom right beside mine.

I usually let Jimin stay there when he stayed over, but now I would just have to expel him to the couch in the living room.

"That's the bathroom, and if you put your laundry out on weekends, I can do it for you." I offered, showing Jungkook around.

"You live here all by yourself, noona? It's pretty big for one person." He said, plopping down on the bed, as he looked around with wide eyes.

"Yeah, my parents used to live with me, but, you know." I trailed off, picking at a tassel on a nearby throw pillow.

"Yeah, I'm, uh, really sorry about that. I would have visited, but I was abroad for school that month. And when I got back, my mom wouldn't let me come." He explained, looking at me sorrowfully.

"It's not your fault." I whispered, a pang of pain ringing through my chest. I clutched my shirt with a shaking hand. It still didn't feel like they were really gone.

"I just think, I could've been there for you. At the least." He mumbled, sitting up slightly.

"Well, it's all in the past now, so get some rest. It's late." I smiled, standing up before turning his lights off.

"Good night, noona!" He called out, before I could close the door.

"Good night, Jungkook."

-

"Noona! Help me!" Jungkook's screeched, a loud bang following immediately after, waking me up.

I sprinted to the guest room, baseball bat in hand, worried that something was wrong.

And then I met the wide eyes of Jungkook and a heavily breathing Park Jimin.

What. The. Hell.

"There's a pervert in your apartment, did you know this?" Jimin shrieked, with Jungkook's head buried under his arm, as Jungkook scrambled to get out.

"He's my cousin, genius. And yes, he's staying here for a while." I huffed, before turning around and leaving the room.

It was a Friday, and they woke me up 8 minutes earlier than my usual time.

Now my whole day would be messed up. I stuck to a strict routine. A tight schedule.

"Well, are we still getting breakfast?" Jimin asked, skipping behind me and leaving behind Jungkook, who winced back onto his bed in pain.

"I don't know." I grumbled, throwing myself back onto the bed and burying myself into the covers.

"Come on, Everest, please? I'll pay?" He begged, laying on top of me, suffocating me under my blanket fort.