4: apologies

"This is illegal." Jimin mumbled, as I rolled the sleeves of my cardigan up, grabbing an egg from the carton he was holding.

"You don't know that." I said, concentrating as I aimed for the black Benz parked a few spots down from Jimin's car.

"No, I do know that." He continued, looking worried as he watched me.

"Shut up." I whispered, before launching the egg straight onto the windshield of Mr. Kim's car.

"We're gonna get in so much trouble if we get caught." Jimin mumbled under his breath.

I shushed him before throwing another egg, hitting his headlights.

As more and more eggs cracked onto Mr. Kim's car, I just grew angrier.

How could one person be so tactless?

"This isn't even working." I grumbled, before climbing into Jimin's car, throwing my head back onto the head support cushion.

-

"No." I grumbled into my pillow, ignoring the tugging on my feet and duvet.

Jungkook continued, nearly yanking me off the bed once.

"Jimin hyung told me to wake you up. His exact words were, you can't bum around like a homeless person just because it's the weekend." He recited, smiling proudly.

"Well, tell him, that Everest says, shut the fu-" I was interrupted by a loud, persistent knocking on my door.

I groaned, annoyed that I was being deprived of sleep so early on a weekend.

"Jungkook, I'll send you back to that hellhole you came from if you ever wake me up before 12:30 on weekends." I threatened, before rolling over with a groan, so that my legs were off the bed.

The knocking continued, and I was prepared to wring Jimin's neck.

I pulled at my messy bed hair, frustrated as I hissed, "I'm coming."

Finally, I reached the door, half asleep, and slammed it open.

I was expecting Jimin, so early on a Saturday, but it was Mr. Kim.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim." I frowned, crossing my arms.

Mr. Kim let out a charismatic chuckle, his mouth forming a rectangular shape as he smiled.

"Good morning, Everest." He greeted, and I frowned, giving him a small nod.

I was still pissed from what he'd said yesterday.

"I'm sure you're already well aware, but my car was egged in the parking lot yesterday." He started, leaning against my door as he picked on imaginary lint on his sweater sleeve.

"Oh no! Who would do such a petty thing?" I asked, my heart racing as I tried my hardest to lie.

I've never been a good liar.

"Right? So I checked the security cameras facing the parking lot. And I'm 100% sure that you have a doppelgänger running around campus, egging teacher's cars." He said sarcastically, tilting his head slightly as he examined me.

"You know what? I think I've seen her around here too." I said, making him chuckle.

He pushed his raven hair back with his long fingers, his tongue poking the inside of his mouth in irritation.

"I don't want much Ms. Lee. Just an apology." He said, making me scoff.

I stood there, my lip turning as I waited for him to realize I was not apologizing.

He shook his head, smiling good-heartedly.

"You don't have to apologize. I can understand why you did what you did." He sighed, before moving away from my doorframe, crossing his arms as he stared me down.

"I'll get Jimin's mom to sign my papers. That's the closest you'll get to a relative." I offered, trying to get this man away from my front door.

My bed was calling my name.

"That's fine." He said.

I nodded slowly, before stifling a yawn behind my hand.

Jungkook, the little asshole, had woken me up three hours earlier than my usual Saturday schedule.

"Did I wake you?" He asked, looking smug with himself.

I shook my head, yawning wider.

"No, I usually wake up at 8 in the morning on a Saturday." I said, and Jungkook popped up from behind me.

"Who's this, noona?" He asked, analyzing Mr. Kim.

"Jesus, Jungkook, you scared me." I said, clutching my chest.

"This is Mr. Kim, one of my high school teachers. Mr. Kim, this is my baby cousin, Jungkook." I introduced half-heartedly.

Taehyung forced a smile on his face and looked up, clearing his throat, and extended a hand to Jungkook.

"Nice to meet you." He greeted.

Jungkook shook his hand slowly, looking between Mr. Kim and I.

"Why is your teacher at your apartment this early in the morning?" He whispered.

But anyone who's ever met Jungkook is well aware that the kid doesn't know what whispering is.

Mr. Kim's face turned red, and he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

I forced a laugh, before elbowing Jungkook in his arm.

He hissed in pain, clutching his arm tightly before scampering away.

"Well, I said what needed to be said, and if I stayed any longer, it'd be highly inappropriate." He smiled tightly.

He totally hated my guts.

"Great. Have a nice day." I said, before shutting the door in his face.

-

"You're not, dating your teacher, are you?" Jungkook asked dramatically as I entered the kitchen, sighing.

"If you don't shut it, I'll go over there and shut it for you." I threatened, grabbing a fork from the counter before pointing it menacingly at Jungkook.

"Because if you were, then that would be kind of disgusting." He said, making me frown at him.

"You're also being oddly defensive." He added, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah? Well. You're ugly." I shot back, failing to make a suitable comeback.

"Nice try." Jungkook smiled, before spinning on his heel and leaving. But before he could, I jumped on his back, clinging onto him and flicking his forehead mercilessly.

"Yeah? Well, guess what? You're in my house! My house, my rules!" I yelled, as Jungkook stumbled around in pain.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry!" He screeched, trying to unwrap my fingers from his hair.

"And my number one rule is to never wake me up!" I screamed, releasing all my pent up frustration on my younger cousin, who was laughing at me.