7: stay away

It was homecoming season, which meant left and right, students were asking one another to the dance, with flamboyant posters and flowers.

I shut my locker, flinching when a crowd to my left started cheering loudly.

Another successful proposal.

Jisoo, one of my closer friends rushed towards me, taking one of my textbooks from my hands right before it fell over.

"Hi Everest!" She chirped.

"Hi Jisoo." I grinned, and she pushed her glasses up her slim nose.

She just continued smiling stupidly, making me laugh.

"What?" I asked, laughing as she pulled me into the direction of her next class.

"I got asked to homecoming." She chirped, making me squeal excitedly.

"By who?" I asked, and she giggled before leaning in to whisper into my ear.

"Seol." She said, her breath tickling my ear, and my eyes widened before I broke out into a grin.

"Isn't that the girl you had a crush on? You go girl!" I congratulated, hugging her as she laughed before shoving me off of her.

"What if she sees? She'll get jealous." Jisoo giggled, and I laughed before hugging her again, covering her cheeks in kisses.

"Jealousy is good for relationships." I whispered, teasing her as she laughed.

"You're ridiculous." She smiled, pushing me away from her.

"You're taking me shopping with you, right?" I asked double-checking, and she looked over at me.

"Duh." She smiled and I pushed her into her next classroom.

"Call me." I said, and she nodded before waving me off.

-

Mr. Kim was being oddly silent in class.

When we walked in, we had worksheets on our desks, and he had instructions written on the board for us.

Maybe he wasn't feeling well?

He spoke only when spoken to, and he'd been silent throughout the whole entire class.

Missy was driving Jimin and I insane, prancing up to his desk anytime she had a question.

Literally anytime.

"Mr. Kim, I don't know how to simplify this answer." She pouted, squeezing her arms together, to create nonexistent cleavage to show under her inappropriately unbuttoned blouse.

He looked highly uncomfortable as he tried to explain the question with a tight smile, and Missy continued to shove her flat chest into his face.

Cough. "Whore." Someone said from behind me, and I giggled just as Mr. Kim looked up.

A look of disapproval clouded his eyes, and he frowned.

"Ms. Lee. Detention after school."

-

"What the hell?" Jimin mumbled from behind me.

I felt the exact same way.

My eyes widened, as Mr. Kim looked back down at Missy's paper.

She looked over at me in satisfaction, a smirk painted on her lip fillers.

I groaned, throwing my head back in irritation before scribbling angrily on my worksheet.