6: idiot

"That took you forever. I leave to pee for two seconds, and you lose yourself in an exhibit. I didn't know I was best friends with a 3 year old." Jimin scolded, before making sure I was okay with worried eyes.

I couldn't shake how comforted I felt when Mr. Kim showed up. When I saw him enter the exhibit, it was like I knew I'd be okay.

"I'm glad you're okay." Jimin finished his rant, before using my shoulder as a pillow and closing his eyes.

-

By the time we returned to school, all the staff and students had already left, and only the soccer team remained, as they practiced on the soccer field beside the student parking lot.

I got off the bus with Jimin, walking towards his car when he stopped me.

He had a look of apology written across his face.

"I totally forgot. I have swim practice today until 8." He said, gesturing towards the school.

"8?" I repeated, and he nodded grimly.

"I'm sorry. It totally slipped my mind." He said, and I nodded understandingly.

"Okay, it's fine. I'll see you after swim practice then?" I asked, and he smiled, before nodding and messing up my hair, running inside the building.

The students slowly left, leaving me alone.

I sat on the curb, taking my phone out to call an Uber.

The sun was suddenly blocked, and I looked up, to see Mr. Kim standing in front of me.

"You have a ride home?" He asked, and I nodded, lying.

"Are you sure? No one else is here." He frowned, looking around.

"My friend is taking me home." I lied, and he pursed his lips.

"As the supervisor of this field trip, I have to stay with you until you leave." He said, his eyebrows coming together.

"You won't have to." A voice came from behind me.

I turned around, meeting the eyes of Kim Seokjin, another senior at your school.

He was the captain of our school's soccer team, and slightly sweaty from running around on the soccer field.

"I can take her home." He said, holding up his keys and giving them a jingle.

"He's the one taking me home." I lied again, grabbing my things.

Jin was an old friend, but as we got older, we drifted away from one another, but we were still friendly nevertheless.

"That's settled then. Come on." Jin said, taking my bag from me and leading me to his car.

I scampered after him, before waving weakly to Mr. Kim.

Jin opened the door for me, and I climbed in, thanking him as I got in.

He threw his duffel bag in the backseat, placing my things beside his, before starting the engine.

"You cold?" He asked, turning the heater on.

I smiled at the sweet gesture.

He was probably burning up from soccer practice, but still offered to turn the heat on for me.

"No, that's okay." I lied, ignoring the chills on my arms as I turned the AC on for Jin.

"Thanks for driving me home." I said, and he waved his hand nonchalantly as he pulled out of the parking lot.