21: home again

According to Namjoon, Jungkook had healed a lot faster than we'd all expected.

He was home, with a strong recommendation to stay home and rest from his doctor.

Now that things had settled down, and Jungkook was all better, there was no reason for me or Taehyung to stay in the North.

So he had all my things packed and we were on a private jet back to South Korea.

I was relieved to say the least.

I was finally going home, and Jungkook was safe and healthy.

But there was still one thing that was still bothering me.

Since the night I found Taehyung crying, he hadn't spoken to me.

At all.

He only answered with a series of nods, or shook his head when I spoke to him.

I was beginning to wonder why he felt it was necessary to shy away from his emotions whenever he was vulnerable.

-

As soon as I'd landed back in South Korea, my phone was blowing up from missed calls and texts from Jisoo and Jimin.

It was my intention to tell Jimin I'd be leaving Seoul for a while, but Taehyung advised me not to, and I trusted his judgement.

We pulled into our apartment's parking garage, and Taehyung put the car in park.

I was about to open the door and step out, but Taehyung stopped me, gently placing a hand on my wrist.

I looked over, alarmed at his sudden touch.

He pulled his hand away quickly, as if my touch burned him.

His obsidian eyes glistened in the dim lighting of the underground parking garage.

My breath caught in my throat, as I searched his eyes for answers.

He looked sad.

Heartbroken almost.

"Namjoon has been in my apartment with Jungkook all day." He finally spoke, interrupting our intense staring session.

"I didn't want you to be surprised or anything." He added.

"Oh, okay." I finally choked out, before turning away from him and letting out a breath.

"Wait." He murmured, and I turned back around, eyes wide.

His jaw was clenched tightly, and a knot was formed beside his ear.

"What is it?" I asked timidly.

If I was being honest, he intimidated the hell out of me.

He let go of his tight grip on the steering wheel, and focused his gaze on me.

"Jae is dead." He finally choked out, his eyebrows furrowed as if he was still in disbelief.

I blinked once. Twice.

And then it hit me. All at once.

He died because of me.

Taehyung's eyes were brimming with tears, and my heart broke for him.

"Namjoon found him-he was," He paused, shutting his eyes tightly, and tears rolled down his cheeks.

He inhaled shakily, and I put my hand on his.

"It's okay." I mumbled.

"You don't need to tell me." I whispered, and he nodded.

Not even a second later, his expression turned emotionless, and he pulled his hand away from mine.