23: yours

The thunder outside rumbled the entire apartment, and I let out a small shiver, as chills ran down my body.

Pulling the covers to my nose, I looked beside me, out the windows that overlooked the city.

Rain droplets covered the ceiling to floor window.

I wrapped a smaller blanket around my shoulders, before rolling over to the edge of the bed.

I sighed softly, letting my toes hit the cold marble floor.

I tip-toed to the window, trying to stay silent.

A leather arm chair sat directly in front of the window, and I climbed onto it, tucking my legs in as I watched the rain.

Did Taehyung do the same thing on nights he couldn't sleep?

Stray cars zoomed past, and some late night pedestrians ran along the streets with various colored rainbows.

My mind wandered as the rain hypnotized me.

I thought about Taehyung.

My heart hurt for him. I barely knew him, and I was scared.

Scared that I would fall so hard for him.

He was dangerous.

I could see it in his eyes. In the way he acted.

Sometimes, when he'd get really mad, he'd clench his fists. So hard that he drew blood.

I let out a deep breath, before shaking my head.

Like he'd fall for you anyway, foolish girl. My subconscious argued.

I leaned my head back, against the cool surface of the smooth leather headrest.

Shutting my eyes, I inhaled the earthy smell of the pouring rain, leaking through the slightly open window.

Exhaling slowly, I opened my eyes, looking up at the night sky.

Massive rain clouds littered the darkness, and another bolt of lightning hit the atmosphere, illuminating the sky.

My nose twitched, and I sniffled, before wrapping the knit blanket tighter around my shoulders, and drifting off to sleep.

-

"How's the food?" I asked, picking at my own.

Eyeing Taehyung, I was relieved to see he seemed to be enjoying his food.

"It's pretty good." He answered after swallowing, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

After charring the chicken once, I'd managed to make an edible batch.

My interaction with Taehyung today was, sparse, to say the least.

Minimal words were exchanged, and we'd avoided each other almost completely.

It was awkward, and the silence was beginning to become deafening.

"Jungkook wants to know if he can come over sometime this week." I added, biting my lip as I watched Taehyung eat.

"He's welcome anytime." He answered, his head still down as he focused on his meal.

I nodded, looking back down at my half empty plate.