The Damned, The Wicked, and the Vengeful

The door to the smithy opened and Eisener took little to no notice. His hammer shaped steel expertly on his anvil, the metal hissed as it tasted his sweat. Then, intense energy demanded his attention. The old smith scoffed and ignored it.

Waves of energy passed through him and he continued to remain silent. Voices called to him, but the steel spoke sweetly. Steel recognized his pain and took him to new heights. He didn't need to argue with his work, his work conversed with him in ways no other human could.

"Papa, we have more guests." Ana's voice pulled him from the void. He shook his head and pointed in a general direction.

"Can't interrupt me right now. This is delicate stuff, it demands my attention. If you want to speak with me at length, wait for me to finish."

Ovelia moved to intervene but Stolzer shook his head. He motioned for them to head into the yard. There he found Gelehrter practicing with a blade of wood. The practice dummy fought back with each stroke, but he deftly avoided danger with parries and blocks. He turned to his master and rushed over to meet him. Suddenly he stopped and attempted to kneel, only to find himself face first in a dirt. Gelehrter brushed himself off and then knelt before Ovelia in reverence.

"Now, now, Gelehrter. Stolzer spoke highly of you. Stand up and let me see you." She spoke sweetly and Stolzer eyed her cautiously. Ovelia crossed her arms, her steely gaze tearing through him. The boy before her shuttered and his knees shook.

"He will do."

"You don't mean that."

"M-Miss...please train me!" Stolzer and Ovelia both were surprised.

"I suppose we have time for a duel." She took to the dueling field. Without even glancing to the array of weaponry, she retrieved a wooden saber. "Come, show me what you've learned."

Gelehrter couldn't contain his excitement. He stood before her and solemnly lowered his head in reverence.

"'O Lord, bless this conflict. Ensure no harm comes to those who would protect your holy word. May the victor grant wisdom to the living.'" The page readied himself and held a balanced stance. The wooden tip was pointed for her head and she merely pointed her blade to him in response.

He rose to strike, but the instant his blade had been poised, it was knocked from his grip. His leg buckled and he felt another sting on his back.

"Hmm, needs more time." Ovelia commented. "That is a point for me."

"Points?"

"Yes. Points are awarded when one is disarmed. A victory is gained by breaking a weapon, or finishing three rounds with more points than your opponent." The Sanguine Overlord's steely gaze returned. "Again."

He reached for his weapon and led with his right flank, only to be met with more pain. His weapon leaped from his grip, only to be handed to him.

They traded only one blow, which Gelehrter barely blocked. The force behind it caused him to lose his balance and fall to one knee, only to have his weapon break in two another instant later.

"Good, good. When you wish to become a knight, I will allow it." Ovelia turned to leave. She nodded to Alphonse and he escorted her outside. "Brief him at least. The boy must know what he is in for."

She was met with Eisener. The master smith towered over the Sanguine Overlord and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"What did you want?"

"Sir, you will address your Sanguine O--" Alphonse's bark was met with a raised hand.

"You are in my smithy. I supply you with weapons, either you obey the rules of my house, or you will never be welcomed here again." The master smith met Alphonse's gaze with his equally terrifying aura.