Death

I turned around. In front of me were the people in white suits. It brought back the memories. They are the ones who ruined my life. A sign read, WICKED is good. So this is who they are.

They definitely are not good. In front of me was Karen. She walked towards Rachel. There was a blade in her hand. "Karen.... what are you doing?" I said.

Rachel was backing up. Aris was running towards her. It was too late. Karen met he target. "Rachel!" I shrieked.

Tears were streaming down my face. WICKED took Karen back. They escorted us to a metal room. It was filled with beds. One of the women came in. "Get some rest. Tomorrow we will have a meeting."

I couldn't sleep at all last night. The thought of Rachel laying there, pale and cold, haunted me. I got out of bed and walked to the window. Aris was already there.

We just stood there in silence. I rested on his shoulder crying. He comforted me. When the sun came up, we gathered around. The women lead us to a room.

There was food everywhere. I ate only a little. After Rachel's death, I couldn't eat at all.

There was a man behind a glass. Then he started to speak. "We have a decision for you. You can take back your memories or stay oblivious. We will also tell you who is immune to the Flare, a disease that will drive you mad."

I was one of the people, Susan was not. Everyone but Susan and I chose to get them (memories) back. I didn't trust them at all. They are manipulative and cruel. Then he spoke again, "To find the cure, you will need to get to the main base. You will go through the Scorch Trials. You will have to beat the other group, Group A. Kill the one they call Thomas."

The man looked at us. "Are you sure about your decision?"

"Yes." we said in unison.

"Very well. Follow me."

We followed him to another metal room. He told us to stay there. We were there for an hour. Then, we heard a loud commotion.

Outside, there were people with guns fighting WICKED. They saw us. "Come with us, we're getting you out of here."

Susan and I followed them outside. The land was barren and dry. They drove us to a house. There, we were fed. That's when we saw it. On our necks were labels. Susan's said that she was, the Glue.

I asked her to check mine. It said, the Leader. I looked at her. Aris was walking towards me. I saw his neck. I couldn't bear to look any longer.

All I knew was that I had to escape. I need to know where I am. I went to the man who saved us. "Where are we?"

"Next to WICKED's base."

Well that wasn't much of an answer. I made my way to the front of the crowd. "Ok! Time for a meeting!"

We went to the biggest room they had. Everyone gathered around me. "Ok, we will have to work together. Get some rest and then suit up. we will leave tomorrow."

Whatever anybody says, WICKED IS NOT GOOD.