Race

The sun hit our eyes. I turned and looked and Minho. I buried my head in his chest. He kissed my head. "Do we have to get up?" I said.

"Yes." he said while he smiled and kissed my head.

Slowly, I sit up. The rest of the group members are awake. "Oh! I have to go!" I said.

"Same here."

We run down the hill together. Teresa had the boy tied up against a tree. Of course. "What are you doing?"

"You said I could take care of him."

I walked away. That girl just gets on my nerves. Susan came up to me. "Some of the boys decided to attack us, so we kind of killed them."

"Alright."

Susan seemed ok, as far as the Flare goes. She was only fidgety, turning back all the time. I saw Minho looking at me. I smiled at him. He didn't smile back, he seemed too worried.

Our orders were to kill a boy, Thomas. I went up to Teresa. "Who is this boy?"

"Thomas."

I stared at her. "You may not know, but it is not your place to tie him up and maybe kill him. I am the leader. We were ordered to kill him and beat Group A to the end."

"You said I could take care of him. I also gave orders to kill him."

"You are not the leader. You do not have the right to order them."

"What right do you have?"

"More than you do. I earned their friendship and respect. You are just and intruder."

I turned away and walked back to camp. "Meeting, everybody!"

We gathered in the biggest camp area. "Ok, we need to decide, do we kill the boy? Raise your hand for yes."

A quarter of the people raised their hand. "All in favor of keeping him alive and taking him to the safe haven with us."

Everyone else raised their hand. "Majority overruled, he will live. Harriet and Beth, go deliver the message to the boy. Bring him tied up back here."

"Ok."

After they came, we started to suit up again. "Let's go."

We headed northwest. We were so close to the base. Sweat beads were stuck on my forehead. About 7 miles to the safe haven, we stopped. "Lets rest girls." I said.

I laid down on the grass. Soon, I fell asleep out of exhaustion.

Someone woke me up. It was Susan. "He's gone!" she said.

"Who?"

"Thomas!"

I bolted up. "How?"

"I don't know!"

"Well, we will have to go on without him."

"Also, Teresa is gone too."

Inside, I was leaping for joy. Finally she was gone! "Ok."

We kept on walking. Beth tapped my shoulder. "Yeah?"

"I see the safe haven."

I looked out farther. Finally we were there! I couldn't help myself. I ran the rest of the way there.

I didn't see the boys anywhere. Did we win? When I got there, I saw nothing but bright lights.....

Who do you think won? The boys or the girls? If you read the book, maybe you know. If not either keep guessing or keep reading. Maybe I won't tell you. I might just want you to read the book.

-the Fangirl