Finish

The next morning, we woke up and ate breakfast. Then, we started to head north. We weren't that far away from the Flat Trans.

It was a silent walk. I was still grieving over Susan. I had lost all my best friends. I felt more than alone.

Sonya walked beside me. Se tried to talk to me, but I ignored her. I couldn't talk now. No action was going on, I was bored and upset. Worst combination ever.

Then, I heard someone scream. It was Carry. Someone had taken her. I saw her struggling. A Crank had gotten her. "Help!"

"Everybody, get them!"

We started to run with our weapons out. I fought the ones that grabbed Carry. After a few minutes, they were dead. Unfortunately though, two girls were dead by gruesome injuries to the head.

We were all bleeding and tired. "Come on, continue moving."

We continued walking. The sun was killing us with its heat. I started to fan myself. "Harriet, check the map. How many more miles left?"

She checked the map. "We have... 9 more miles left."

"Ok."

Everyone was huffing and puffing. Night was approaching. "One more mile, then we will rest."

Soon, we only had 6 more miles left. "Time to rest."

We set up camp and ate. I curled up in a ball and slept.

The next day....

I woke up with an aching back. we ate a short breakfast. we were running low on food. "Come on girls, we can last one more day."

I dragged my machete on the ground as we walked. The will to be with Minho again was the only thing keeping me alive. Everything else was pointless.

After half the day, 3 miles were left. "Lets rest and eat." I said.

They nodded. I ate an apple. "Ok, lets get going."

Hour after hour, the heat made us moodier. Soon, started to argue. I turned around. "Everyone be quiet! Arguing will not help the situation!"

They silenced after that. My head started to hurt. The heat was getting to me. Finally, there was only one mile left. "We're almost there guys."

Everybody sighed with relief. After one more hour, we made it. "Everyone be quiet so we could get in."

I started to walk to the entrance. I turned to Harriet. "What side is the Flat Trans on?"

"All the way on the other side."

"Ok, we can do this."

I creeped up on the side. The hallways were silent, even with us in it. That was a good sign.

Then, I heard another noise. It was the other group. What were they doing? They split up. I saw them go into the Maze just as we walked to the Flat Trans. I turned and saw some Immunes with them.

They were saving them. Eventually, we made it to the Flat Trans. "Ok girls, this is it. We did it. Now lets go."

Then we crossed.

On the other side was a meadow with a lake and trees. The scenery was amazing. It was called Paradise.

We heard a noise and saw the boys come through. I went to search for Minho. Then I saw him.

He looked at me. I ran to him and he picked me up. "We did it! We lived and we can have a happy life."

He was smiling from ear to ear and so was I. Then, we kissed. I gripped his shirt. He ran his fingers through my hair just like before. Everything was perfect.

He picked me up and carried me next to the lake. There, we sat, talked, laughed, and kissed.

This was definitely my happy ending.

I was thinking of making a sequel of what happened to them afterwards. Tell me if I should. I hope you enjoyed it!

-the Fangirl