4

Mother and I walk towards Thor and Jane.

"My father doesn't know everything." We hear Thor say.

"Don't let him hear you say that." Mother tells him. I smile as Thor and Jane look over at us.

"Jane Foster, please meet Frigga, the Queen of Asgard, my mother." Thor says. Jane quickly turns to face us.

"Hi." She simply says, looking embarrassed. Then, we all hear the prison alarms go off.

"The prisons." I say, looking at mother and Thor.

"Loki." Thor says.

"You both go. I'll look after her." Mother says, referring to Jane. I take Thor's hand as he jumps into the air. His hammer flies into his hand and we soar to the prisons. We land inside the dungeons and everyone turns to look at us.

"Return to your cells and no further harm will come to you. You have my word." Thor tells them. He's suddenly punched in the face. "Very well, you don't have my word." He punches back and the fight begins. When it all ends, I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I look up at Thor in fear, he looks at me in confusion. "What's wrong?"

"Mother." I say, starting to run up the stairs. Thor runs up behind me and grabs my waist, taking off into the air. We land at the palace and run into mother's tower. Just as we enter, mother is stabbed in the back by a Kursed Elf. "No!" Thor hits another dark elf in the face with his lightning, I run to mother.

"Aurora..." She says, reaching for my face.

"It's going to be okay. It's going to be alright." I say. Jane runs into the room, I don't pay her any attention. I press my hands to mother's wound and gold magic glows inside of it. It's not strong enough, the wound won't heal. "Mother-"

"Darling, it's okay." She places her hand on my face and stares up at me. "I love you, my flower. Never forget that." Slowly, her eyes close and her hand falls limp. Tears flow from my eyes as I lay my forehead on her chest.

The next few moments seem to go in slow-motion. Father comes running in, along with Volstagg and Fandral. I feel Fandral's arms wrap around my waist, I reach back for mother. Father takes her lifeless body into his arms and holds her. Fandral falls to the floor in front of me and takes my hands, forcing me to look at him.

"Aurora, Aurora look at me." He says to me. I pry my eyes away from mother and look at Fandral instead. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But I think it would be best for me to take you somewhere else." I try to look back over at mother, he places his hand on my cheek and turns my face back to him. "Come on, we have to go." He stands and pulls me to my feet. He carefully wraps his arm around my waist and takes my hand. We walk out of the room and down the hall to my room, where I sit in Fandral's arms for what seems like hours and cry.