6

I walk into the throne room to see Fandral, Volstagg, a few guards, and my father.

"We are still unable to restore the palace shields. Our artillery cannot detect them, even Heimdall cannot see them. My King, we are all but defenseless." Fandral says. He sees me and smiles. Thor comes barging into the room.

"She's your prisoner now?" He says to father. I simply grab onto Fandral's hand and start walking away. "Leave us."

"Right. We were just leaving." I say to Thor, picking up the pace. Volstagg and the guards follow suit. We walk outside and I pull Fandral along with me.

"Where are we going?" He asks me. I simply shrug.

"I don't know. Somewhere?" Fandral chuckles. We end up in an empty part of the palace gardens. I suddenly turn and slip Fandral's sword out of his hilt. I point the tip of the blade at him and grin. "Shall we duel, Fandral the Dashing?"

"Of course, Aurora the Beautiful. I always come prepared." He pulls out a second blade and taps it against my own. We begin to circle around each other and spar. Towards the end, he knocks the blade from my hand. I put my hands up in false surrender. "Do you give up, Princess?" I smirk.

"A daughter of Odin never surrenders." Gold magic begins to swirl around my hands and down my arms. Fandral suddenly floats into the air and flips upside down as if an unseen hand is holding his foot in their grasp. "Do you give up?" He furrows his eyebrows at me and grins.

"Now this is just cheating." He drops his sword and it clatters to the ground. I flip him right side up an set him down in front of me.

"I don't recall anyone ever referring to me as Aurora the Beautiful, by the way." He tilts his head in mock confusion and walks closer to me.

"Well, they must do so more often. It's a very fitting name." I smile and stare up at him. He lifts his hand and gently rests it on my cheek. "You are quite beautiful, Aurora." Red rushes to my cheeks as he carefully leans down and presses his lips to mine. I wrap my arms loosely around his neck and kiss back. The kiss lasts for what seems like a lifetime until we pull apart.

"Hey lovebirds, Thor would like for us to meet!" I hear Volstagg yell. I laugh and rest my forehead on Fandral's chest.