20

Valkyrie and Thor load an Asgardian blaster into the Commodore.

"Now the ship has guns." Thor says.

"I'll take it from here." Valkyrie says.

"I found this in the armory." Thor says, handing Valkyrie her old armor.

"'Your majesty.' Don't die. You know what I mean." Valkyrie says. We fly away in the Commodore, leaving Thor on the balcony. Up ahead, we see Heimdall leading a large group to the Bifrost. Just as we pass it, I see familiar blue armor inside the observatory.

"Take me there now." I say to Valkyrie.

"What-" She starts, but I cut her off.

"Do it now!" I say. We fly over the Bifrost and I jump out, running inside. Laying inside the observatory is my worst nightmare. Fandral's lifeless body with a sword sticking out of his stomach. Tears burst from my eyes and flow down my face as I stumble toward him. I take his body in my arms and hold his cold face in my hands. As I sob, I press my forehead to his. I calm my voice and begin to pray. "Fandral, my love, I bid you take your place in the halls of Valhalla... Where the brave shall live forever. Nor shall we mourn but rejoice for those that have died the glorious death."

With one last look at my love, I close my eyes and allow his soul to turn to stardust. It swirls around me for a moment, then takes its place among the stars. As tears fall down my face, I walk to Volstagg. I place my hands on his chest.

"Volstagg, I bid you take your place in the halls of Valhalla... Where the brave shall live forever. Nor shall we mourn but rejoice for those that have died the glorious death." I say. His soul turns to stardust and quickly follows after Fandral. "Goodbye, old friend. And goodbye, my love. I love you more than life itself."

Then, anger begins to build up inside me. I turn to see a battle raging on between Hela and Thor on the rainbow bridge. Everyone else fights Hela's guards as Loki, now here with a giant ship, escorts all of Asgard inside of it. My eyes begin to glow entirely gold, golden magic swirls around my arms. I fly into the air and land in front of Thor, my magic sending a pulse through the air when I land. Thor stares at me.

"It's time we cause Ragnarok, brother." I tell him. He rushes back to Loki as I face Hela.

"Dear sister." She says. I narrow my glowing eyes at her.

"You killed my love, now it's your turn." I say. I soar forward and grab Hela by the neck, picking her up and slamming her to the ground. I create two swords and stab her with them. She knocks me off her and hits me with her own swords. We battle for a long time, until Surtur erupts from the golden palace. Hela becomes distracted, I take the opportunity to kick out her knees, forcing her to fall. I then slam my feet onto her legs, breaking both of them. I grab a broken Hela and look up at Thor. "Go now!"

"You'll die!" He yells back. Loki runs up beside him and looks at me with panic in his eyes.

"I said go! The Asgardians are the only thing that matters!" I yell. Thor hesitates and turns back to me.

"I can't leave you!" Loki yells. "We can't leave you!"

"If you don't go I'll put you on there myself. This is what I was meant to do, my brothers! Now go save the people!" I say.

"You will be honored! Your sacrifice will not be forgotten! We love you, my sister!" Thor yells and climbs into the ship.

"And I love you, my brothers." I say as it takes off into the stars. I look down at Hela. "Your reign is over, Hela." I take a golden dagger and plunge it into her neck. She gasps and grabs for it when I lift her into the sky with me. I take her limp body and, with all my strength, throw her into the flames of Surtur's chaos. I slowly float down to land on the now flaming rainbow bridge and sink to my knees. That's when I see my mother walking towards me. The fire grows closer, it starts to burn my arms. I don't feel a thing. Mother takes my face in her hands.

"Close your eyes, my flower. We'll be waiting for you." She says. My head falls into her lap as my eyes slip closed. The chaos of the realm around me slowly disappears.