Jordomi

The whole story will be in the POV of Naomi.

"I'm bored!" Whined Jordan as he sat upside down on the sofa. We were hanging out in the base while Bennett and Declan went to do business with a gang called Ursa Sleuth. Putting it bluntly they abandoned me with Jordan. "What do you suggest we do then?" I asked giving him a glare that would have made Declan proud. Jordan frowned " I wanna go outside..." He wistfully looked out the window of the apartment and then turned back to me with puppy dog eyes. I thought for a moment "I've got an idea!" I realised that I raised my hand and awkwardly put it back down. "My dad used to go camping when he was younger and he always wanted me to go so he bought loads of camping equipment, I think we still have it in my garage" I piped up
"Camping?" Asked Jordan
"You have any better ideas?"
"Yes!..." He looked off into the distance then looked at me defeatedly "Or we can just go and get the equipment" he mumbled
"What was that Jordan? You shouldn't mumble" I teased
"Hey! I said that that first" Jordan argued as I smiled giving him puppy dog eyes. "Come on then!" We left the base.

-

"Dad!" I yelled, mum was already supplying Jordan with mountains of brownies in the living room but dad was still upstairs. "Mmm! These are brilliant Marisa!"
"Let me help Naomi get Hank for you two" mum replied stepping towards me " I'm so excited you two are going camping together!" She squealed. I seriously question my genetics. Most parents wouldn't let their daughter spend the night around a campfire with a boy from her school that they don't really know at all, but then there's my parents.

"Hank!" Mum called losing her patience. Then she stormed upstairs demanding to know where dad left his camping equipment. I went and sat next to Jordan and at the exact same time we both reached for the last brownie. We looked at each other, this was a war zone. We ended up fighting for the last brownie when I realised something. Jordan was halfway way through picking me up from the ground and I was about to twist his ears until they went red but then I remembered fractions. Thanks to the Nerdy side of me we were able to both have some brownie by splitting it in half. Once we had both gulped down our half of the brownie my dad raced down the stairs to see us in the living room. "Your finally going!?" He asked visibly excited. "I'll get the things!" Dad raced into the garage and showed us everything before driving us to a campsite where we will pitch out tents.

-

"Bye Naomi!" My parents called "have fun you two!" Jordan and I thanked my parents as they drive off in the car. "Well, let's get pitching!"
"Wait- do you know how to pitch a tent?" I asked realising that we were in danger. "Nope, but you do right?"
"No! I don't, why didn't we think of that!"
"We brought our phones as well as power banks we can probably find something of YouTube" suggested Jordan whipping out his phone in search for a tutorial on how to pitch a tent. Suddenly I heard him scream "ahh! There's no signal!"

-

We were almost done, we only needed to put a few more pegs in when suddenly I heard Jordan yell a curse that is not appropriate for this book. I walked around the side of the tent and noticed that Jordan was holding his foot in pain. His white t-shirt was getting muddier by the second as he rolled around in the grass. I couldn't help but laugh at him, figuring out the situation with a mallet nearby and a peg lying on the grass next to it. "I told you not to use the mallet, it could break the pegs, but uh also your foot I guess"
"It hurts! And why do we have a mallet if we're not supposed to use it?!" I laughed at him again before bothering to help him up. I looked at the bags my mum prepared for us food, food and more food. Almost all of it was ready cooked and ready for us eat straight away. Except for our dessert. For this my mum had packed chocolate biscuits, marshmallows and 10 inch long cocktail sticks. I hope you know what delicious thing we can make with those... Smores! I realised we needed a fire to go with those so I sent Jordan out to fetch some dry wood while I prepared the food. We made a pretty good team, until Jordan dropped a large log on the foot that he hit with a large mallet earlier. I just laughed at him again. My mouth was hurting from all this laughter so I massaged my cheeks so that they'd feel better for the food. "What are you doing?" Jordan asked looking at me as if he found an alien, actually if he found an alien he'd probably be ecstatic. "None of your business" I snapped, after all he was the cause of my aching cheeks.

After lighting the fire we placed our smores over the fire and waited for the marshmallow bit to turn golden. "Something dropped on your shoe" Jordan said after already gulping down his snore whilst it was still red-hot. I bent down to look at my shoe in the light of the fire and realised I did something so wrong, so horribly bad, so stupid! I left my smore unguarded in the presence of Jordan. Before I knew it he had his lips around my smore and was already in the process of chewing it. I saw him as he swallowed the smore and then slapped him round the face. "You do not steal food from me!" I barked "yes ma'am" he said
"Now , make me a new one and don't eat any of it"
"Yes si-ma'am" Jordan ended up having to make me three new smores after I complained about the last 2 saying they were too burnt but ate them anyway, because you can't waste food like that.

After I ate 8 and he had 5 including one of mine. We were both stuffed. Jordan put on some random music and began doing the robot to it. "Come on! Dance with me" Jordan took my hand and we danced to some great music. I laughed, when we weren't dancing to classical music Jordan was probably the best dancer out of the three. We ended up dancing to at least 5 different songs before coming to a slow dancing song where Jordan took my hand and made me dance around on the grass with him. "Why do you have this song on your playlist?"
"In case of a situation like this one" okay, now Jordan was scaring me. I danced with my arms on his shoulders and his on my hips. We danced around the fire and finally once the song ended Jordan gave me a twirl. I didn't know he could dance like this.

After all that dancing we both finally sat down, I didn't notice how dark it was, the fire made it seem a lot brighter. I stared at the fire. "It's beautiful" I whispered.
"I wish I could see it too" Jordan looked at me and I put my head on his shoulder "I'm sorry"
"It's ok, I know you didn't mean it" Jordan's face stiffened, he stroked my head "I don't want to make you cry ever" I didn't know how to reply so I tried to say that he didn't but before I could say anything he continued "so I try to make you do the opposite, I try to make you laugh but that's not enough. I want you to be really happy Naomi and I promise I'll do anything to make that happen" I could see the glint of a tear roll down his cheek before disappearing in the grass below. Where did Jordan go? He was being so sensitive and caring that it didn't seem like him, but then I analysed what he said. Everything he did to make us laugh was on purpose, everything. "Jordan, I don't want to lose you. Your the best friend I could have ever wished for-"
"You've never thought about me being more than a friend?" I blushed furiously
"I-I didn't say that!" My face was as red as a tomato as I lifted my head up from his shoulder. "I'm sorry Naomi, I shouldn't have said that, I'm- I'm so sorry" I could see more tears escaping down his face. I can't believe this is happening. "W-why don't we go into the tent" I stammered
"Uh sure" Jordan wiped his tears away.

The tent was quite big as it was designed for a family so we both had a room separated by a fabric wall. Jordan put out the fire as we both went into the tent. I didn't want to sleep in my clothes so I got changed into my pyjamas inside my sleeping bag and waited five more minutes before deciding it was too cold. I opened the door of my room and sat next to Jordan. "C-could you go into my room with me, it's uh really cold" I stammered
"sure" smiled Jordan as he hoisted up his own sleeping bag and put it next to mine in my room. I realised that he was wearing the same clothes as we wore outside a minute ago and noticed how dumb I was to not go back to his house so he could also grab some clothes. "Sorry about you wearing the same clothes"
"It's okay" he pulled off his t-shirt as I covered my eyes. This time he laughed at me "what? Are you feeling... Flustered" he flexed his muscles at me also showing his 6 pack. I remembered back to the day in the boys locker room with Parker...

I zipped down my sleeping bag so that I could put it over me like a blanket. It really got hot in here after Jordan came in, maybe it was because he was wearing so much clothes. "That's not how you do it" Jordan pointed out. "If you want to make it like a blanket join mine on as well so it's longer and can fit the both of us in like one big snugly sleeping bag" Jordan slipped out a sly smile. I seriously question my parents decisions.  "No thanks" I said before this went too far. He pouted and I laughed. Jordan put his arm around me as we sat up listening to the night. Letting our minds wander.

I don't know what made me do it but I did. I kissed him. On the cheek, but it was still a kiss. It wasn't alcohol, we barely drunk anything at all, it wasn't even the fumes that the fire had given off earlier, it wasn't a rebound from Parker, no, I really did mean it.