School story

So this sucks. I'm back at school, the weekend is over. I know I'm a nerd and all but that doesn't mean I'm not human, I'm just an advanced human - a better human, a -

My train of thought was interrupted by Bennett.

"Naomi!" He called. I was in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal and the guys were outside my front door.

I tried to finish my cereal and get my bag packed in time.

But this time I was interrupted by Declan.

"Naomi, we know you're in there"

Unable to talk I spat out gibberish as I munched. But knowing my luck the guys didn't hear.

Jordan suddenly burst through the door, then he looked up at me as Declan fell on top of him. I guess he was leaning on the door while Jordan picked the lock... I didn't think the door was actually locked. Declan smiled at me sheepishly. The doorknob was detached from the door and in his hand.

Bennett walked past the two on the floor. "You ready?" He remained emotionless as the guys behind him squabbled and shouted.

"Uh gimme a minute," I said as I rushed past them. Bennett picked up Jordan by his collar and shoved him towards the door ignoring his protests. Declan followed behind but lingered by the door.

"Um, Naomi, I'll just kinda um leave this here" he carefully placed the doorknob on the ground and crept out the door.

-

"School, I think I hate it" stated Jordan.

"C'mon lets go in" beckoned Bennett

I suddenly got all existential crisis on Jordan. "How do you know you can even hate things, how do you know we aren't written in a book or in a movie, or part of someone's dream. There's no proof that we actually exist or have feelings and emotions. I mean who knows if we even die, or maybe we are all already dead, was is death anyway?" I said unblinkingly. Jordan stared at me scared.

"Naomi you're scaring me!" He moaned

"Jordan, we may not even be real. Have you ever even questioned that?"

Jordan suddenly took off after Bennett and Declan. I followed behind them.

-

"HEY! NAOMI" Jordan found me in the corridor only I was at one end and he was in the other. A few heads turned as I blushed. They didn't dare snicker as Jordan was at the giving end, it feels weird that nobody trips me up or "accidentally" pushes me now that the guys are here.  I waited for Jordan to show up.

"now I'm going to walk you to class" Jordan saddled up next to me as we walked to the art classrooms.

"School feels different," I said

"Why? we already established that you weren't being bullied anymore"

"no, it's not that, it - it's" my eyes widened in realisation.

"this is the first time in a long time where we haven't had to worry about anything, its quiet and peaceful and nothing has ruined it for so far"

Jordan nodded slowly.

"Well then, I guess it's time to create some drama" he dramatically pinned me to the lockers and whispered

"now what?"

"what the hell do you expect me to do?" I hissed at him.

"Make up the next part of the story, I got a few ideas myself you see but I don't want seem selfish, so it's your turn" he winked at me. my cheeks filled with red rage.