Two strangers, a nerd, three guys and a jacuzzi

"Hey," I said

"Hey" Bennett replied

Jordan and Declan looked at each other sharing the same look. "What happened between you two?" Declan asked

"Nothing!" Bennett and I chorused.

Jordan sighed. "You've literally just confirmed that something happened" I gave him a long hard look.

"I hate you" I mouthed shaking my head before leaving
"You know you love me!" Jordan called after me.

Nothing actually happened between Bennett and me... except for the fact I walked in on him in the bathroom. I swear it wasn't my fault! The door wasn't locked and I guess the shower must have been on for so long I didn't notice the hum of the water. There were curtains so I didn't see anything but he knew I was there... He poked his head around the curtain and suddenly said "Naomi?!" That's when I dropped my toothbrush. "Gah-" I looked at him dumbfounded. I ran out of the room and slammed the door behind me

Jordan and Declan will NEVER know of this.

I slid my back against the door and dug my head into my knees. I head wet footsteps dance across the floor to the door and felt a light knock from the other side. I heard his heavy breathing and instantly cringed. I ran away from my mistake and slammed the door. I stuffed my head in my pillow and turned around onto my back. I stared up.

"you ok?" I heard a voice come from the other side. Declan.

"I'm just great" I mumbled head in hands. He walked in and sat on my bed. I rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm such an idiot"

"I know" he smiled rubbing my shoulder

"Hey!" I playfully punched him on the shoulder and we burst into laughter.

"but seriously though, you ok?" He asked again

"Yeah" I smiled looking away.

"Jordan wants to go to swimming," Declan said changing the subject

"He just wants to flirt with someone" I joked

"well, I wouldn't put that past Jordan but seriously, you should come with us - Bennett will be there too, it'll be fun"

I took my time thinking about which decision to make. Considering what just happened with Bennett, no. Although, it would be nice to just get out of here. I pushed up my thick-rimmed glasses and looked back up at Declan.

"No" I Replied,

"aw, c'mon" Declan begged. "It wouldn't be the same without you"

"yeah... my answers still no" I deadpanned

"you can bring a book" Declan tempted. I pursed my lips. That would be nice.

"Fine" I rolled my eyes as Declan pumped his fist into the air.

-

And this is how we came to the local swimming pool. I shuddered at horrible memories of this place. Raymond and his goonies. Raymond. I remembered every horrible thing he did to me and I felt sick. I hate this feeling so much. I hate this full stop. I just want to turn around and go home, but I don't want to ruin this for the guys. So I stay.

Jordan dived in and Declan followed. A group of about 15 girls crowded around the two guys. Bennett then slipped into the pool and they went crazy. I, on the other hand, stood on the side slightly overdressed with my book.

"Hey Naomi," someone said. I looked up, at first thinking that it was the guys, I waved my hand in a universal motion indicating to "go away"

"Um, Naomi? It's me, Ryan" I looked at this guy with a blank expression