Bennomi/Jeclan

"Hey!" Shouted Declan. He and Jordan were at it again. I slipped out of the house unnoticed and walked out into the rain. I looked up into the dark cloudy sky. My hair fell over my eyes as my head tilted upwards. I don't want to be here. This day is just as dark and gloomy as my mind, I walk onto the crowded street. Just another person in the crowd.

I walk.

People push past me forcefully and all I can do is glare at them. Will everybody please just give me a little bit of space? I shake my head and find myself looking at the park, I follow my gaze and walk further. I just needed to get away. That's all. I swear that's all. I have a mask that I use most days although no one seems to notice any difference. I guess that's for the best.

The rain is getting heavier.

My grey hoodie is practically soaked by now but I still persist. I don't have anywhere to go so I sit on the wet grass under the shade of one of the larger trees. I hang my head. The rain won't stop but I guess that at least it keeps other people away from me. I pull my knees closer towards me so that my chin can rest in between them. It's raining. A perfect opportunity. So I cry. Because nobody can know. Nobody can see how weak I am. This is stupid. What am I doing? Going to the park to cry, about what? I don't need to cry anymore, I'm their fourth musketeer. I should be happy, I'm protected. They won't let me get hurt anymore... right?

I try to stand up but I stumble back to what I thought was the tree until his arms wrapped around me.

"I'm here"

Bennett put his head on my shoulder and held me close to him. His shiny black hair was sticking to his forehead as the dripped off the spiky ends. I turned around and looked at his face speechless. He grabbed my wrists and pulled me back into a hug. I don't think I've ever seen him like this before. My face glowed a hot red before returning to its natural colour when we parted.

Everything hurts. He doesn't. Everything makes me cry. He doesn't. Everything makes me want to give up. He doesn't. He wipes away my tears and laughs at me, both of us still soaked. "You" he said smiling as he put his forehead against mine. "You, are worth living for". This time I choked back my tears and without knowing how to express how grateful I was hearing that I just wrapped my arms around him. I tried to 'take in' the moment. I never knew I needed this.

"Naomi, if you ever want to talk I promise I'll stay up with you all night" I smiled up at him sadly. "If you ever don't feel like yourself, I'll make you feel even more special" I laughed. "And if you need someone to make you laugh? Well, I know that's Jordan's forte, but I'll do my best. I'll do my best because of you" I couldn't keep it in any longer. I cried as he held onto me. As I held onto him. As the world melted away.

"Why don't we go back to the base?" He asked. I nodded politely. It felt too soon but I believe that Bennett knows best. We walked in silence for the most part, his hand interlocked with mine. Then when we got to the base our hands dropped and we walked in avoiding the security system. "Declan, Jordan?" There was no response. Bennett scratched his head looking around the room.

That's when I saw it. In the corner of my eye out the living room window. A drop of spray paint. And another... and another. I ran to Bennett and showed him the paint. Bennett, suddenly enraged charged to the roof to find a crying Jordan aimlessly painting the wall. I told Bennett to back off since his anger wasn't going to find us Declan. "Jordan? What's going on?" I yelled over the sound of the rain. His eyes clouded over. "I should drop now shouldn't I?" He asked lips quivering. "I can't paint. I can't see and apparently I can't be a good friend"
"Jordan. What happened?" I asked as Bennett tried to haul him up. He got about 11 inches before he couldn't go any further. I added my weight to the rope and me and Bennett both pulled as hard as we could. Jordan was now tipped over the edge of the building shaking. "Jordan" Bennett rested a hand on his shoulder. Jordan looked at us red-faced. "Declan left" my heart missed a beat.

"What do you mean?" Yelled Bennett
"I mean he just got up and left. He said he didn't want to live in a life that had me in it - I should go, maybe he'll come back then" Jordan looked away. I think those two had something bigger than just friendship. They loved each other. Right now I need to get them back together. They belong together.

I took Jordan hand. "Let's go find him".

-

We spent ages wandering around the streets. We checked in the park; In the mad hatter; in the cinema. He was nowhere to be found. "Maybe he skipped town?" Asked Bennett. "Or maybe he went to a place after we checked it?" I asked. "I think he went home" Jordan said.
"But we don't want to worry his parents if he didn't" Bennett said
"I think it's a risk we should take, if he did slip town then shouldn't we tell his parents?" I added
"Ok, so we all agree, we go to his house and ask if he's there?"
"Yeah" Bennett and I chorused.

-

Jordan took a deep breath before knocking on the door. "Jordan? Oh Bennett and Naomi! All three of you!" Sang Declan's mum as she let us in. "Declan's in his room" she continued. We heard a cry in a distant room. "Well, I better go" she smiled at us. I smiled back gratefully. "Jordan" I asked motioning at the door.
"Ok" he said before knocking.

"Go away" was all we heard from Declan's side.

"Please?" Asked Jordan. "You have no idea how sorry I am" he cried placing his hands on the door.

Slowly, the door opened. "Look, I'm sorry too," he mumbled. They both looked at each other a grin forming cross their faces. Then they both exploded onto a hug. This time, they were the two to hold onto each other.

I smiled at Bennett who took my hand in his. And finally, all was right.