Jordomi - detention

I ran through hallways trying my best not to trip over outstretched legs when I finally I reached it. Biology. For the first time ever, I woke up late on a school day. I swear it wasn't my fault- it was Jordan's! He forced me to stay up all night and now look at me. Late for class. I didn't want to watch that stupid movie anyway. There he was all smug and prepared for class.

"Good morning class, Naomi take your seat, we will be starting today's lesson with a pop quiz" began our teacher. A chorus of groans were let out across the classroom. I glanced up at the opaque panels above mine and Jordan's heads. Looks like he can't cheat like that anymore. I smiled slowly at Jordan as I began taking out books and a pencil case out of my bag and stacked them in between us forming a wall. Jordan's jaw dropped when he realised what I was doing.

Half way through the pop quiz, Jordan yawned stretching his arms out wide before completely knocking over my wall. I stared at him in disbelief. I ground my teeth together until they hurt. Slowly but noticeably, I began building my wall back up to its former glory. One by one Jordan started knocking the wall down. "Hey!" I yelled a little too loudly. Jordan put his arms up in defence.

"Naomi Lorraine and Jordan Wallace, come back here for detention after school" Our teacher said eyeing us up.

I was about to object when Jordan spoke up. "Of course miss, we'll see you there"

"Jordan what are you doing?" I hissed
"Relax, it'll be fun" he replied smirking at me. Heat rose to my cheeks but I swallowed it down. "I don't have detentions Jordan you know that - we also should have only gotten a lunch detention not after school! My parents are gonna freak out!"
"You know we can just skip it right?"
I stared at him dumbfounded.

-

I walked into detention with Jordan on my heel. It took a lot of effort to get him to set foot here, we were not going back down now. I cleared my throat. I've never done this before... "excuse me miss but Jordan and I are here to report to detention" snickers and snorts echoed through the classroom and Jordan face palmed behind me.

"What did I do wrong?" I whispered to Jordan. We took our seats at the back of the classroom after Jordan had placed his hands firmly on my shoulders and steered me to the desk. "Naomi, I have a reputation in detention. Do. Not. Ruin. It"
"What are you talking about?" I hissed
"See all these people? That's scary Fred, high Harry, Lil' Terry and in that corner stabbing holes into the eraser is mad lad Michael - he rules detention. I heard that once in his last school he beat up this British kid so badly to the point where the guy had to move back to England- they had free health care" Jordan explained.
I let out a breath "Jordan why did you make me come here?" I complained.
"Me?! But you!! Ugh!" Yelled Jordan. Lil' Terry glared at us from his seat and we shrank in ours.

Scary Fred stood up and walked over to high Harry. He spat on high Harry's desk. The teacher in charge of detention didn't even glance up. High Harry looked up at Scary Fred and smiled deliriously. "This is going to be fun" squealed Jordan out of excitement as he reached into his school bag and took out a bag of popcorn. I furrowed my brows and gave him a 'don't be stupid' look before grabbing a handful from his popcorn and stuffing my face. Jordan looked at me with sad puppy eyes. "Stop" I warned. He continued. I bit my lip as my mouth curved into a frown. I almost began crying, with watery eyes I managed to speak. "I'msorry". I sniffed and looked back to scary Fred and high Harry.

High Harry squinted at scary Fred as if he couldn't really see him despite him being right in front of him.

"I love you" he mumbled.

Scary Fred turned tomato red and looked as if smoke was streaming from his ears. He grabbed high Harry by the collar and held him in the air.

High Harry kissed him.

Jordan and I held our breaths waiting for scary Fred's next move.

Mad lad Michael sniggered from afar. "What a couple of love birds". It was at that moment I realised that he was playing with a short pocket knife. I gulped and tugged on Jordan's sleeve. "I think we should go..." I was about to get up when Jordan grabbed my hand and pulled me back down. He looked at me sideways and smiled.

Jordan stood up and scary Fred who was bright red, High Harry who had no clue what he just did and mad lad Michael who was walking towards them, looked at him. Jordan was smiling. He walked into the centre of the room and halted before scary Fred. "I believe I should take him" he said pointing at High Harry who just waved at him. Mad lad Michael pocketed his knife and joined the group. Lil' Terry, who I momentarily forgot was there, stood up too. Suddenly the room erupted with laughter. Then a quick stop as Jordan yanked high Harry from Scary Fred's grip and launched him out of the door locking it behind him.

The teacher looked up. "Why are you out of your seats? Sit down and Naomi stop eating in detention" I paused as Jordan and the rest turned to look at me.

"My popcorn!" Jordan whined. I carefully stuffed it back into his bag. Scary Fred was about to rip open Jordan when mad lad Michael stepped in between them. "It's alright" he said to Jordan, "I've been waiting for a fight"

As a fight erupted Jordan grabbed me and his bag and unlocked the door setting us free.

We didn't stop running until we were out of school.

"I kind of feel bad for Lil' Terry" I said looking back towards the school.

A wave of dread seemed to glaze over Jordan. "I knew I forgot something".

A/N sorry I haven't been updating it just seems like I'm busy all the time now :(

I'll try to update when I can

Bye for now ✌️

-Neerac12