Chapter 4 ~ A Strange Encounter?

Your POV

I don't know how long I was asleep for, but when I woke up the beeping continued. No one had come to get me, for all I know I'm still in this god forsaken place, there was no doctors talking about my health no mother coming in to check on me. Nothing but the beeping, the cries of the SCP roaming around and the gun shots of the guards trying to contain them. Distant but still there.

Standing up I knew I had to go out of the safety of this office, and look for help. No one was going to come for me so I had to go find help myself. Sounds idiotic, but I don't know any better. I was getting hungry and thirsty.. I wonder if there's anything useful in here. Walking around trying to make as little sound has possible I found what I believe is a F/S and a bottle of water. Finding what I believe is a backpack, I stick my goodies in it.

Slowly but surely I put my shaky hands on the doors lock and unlocked it.. finally getting the courage to open the door. The cold air nipping at my skin.. why was it so cold? Why didn't I notice it before? These questions were pointless but i'm a curious kid. I like to know things. Stepping out of the doorway I tried to make a mental map of the hell i'm in. Turning left I make my way down the hallway, praying to god a guard would be somewhere to help me find my mother. I just want to know she's alright.

My footsteps clinking and clanging on the cold metal floor beneath me. I just hope nothing hears me.. Bumping into a wall, I groan. "Ow.." I murmur rubbing my nose. I can already tell this is going to happen a lot. Finding a door way, I can only assume is straight from the way I started, I head down it.

It's been a while now that I've been walking, opening some doors, going through them, all that Jazz. I haven't heard anything for quite some while now.. I hope it stays that way. I've also bumped into walls, doors and even tripping too many times to count now. I hear footsteps.. slow but coming this way! I stand still hoping that the steps turn and go somewhere else... nope. The steps continue this way.

Panic surges through me, do I tell them I'm lost? Do I ask them if they can help me? What if it's an SCP?! A door opens and I'm still standing there having a panic attack. I freeze up and close my eyes shut... nothing happens? Opening my eyes again I manage to whisper a greeting, "H-Hello? Is.. Is someone t-there?" It kinda sounds like.. they're crying?

Are they happy to have found someone? I'm almost at the brink of tears myself.. I muster the courage to speak again, "P-please, I need help! I'm blind... a-and I've lost my mother! P-please.." footsteps slow but heavy make their way over to me. A.. hand pats my head.. no that's wrong. It's too big to be a human hand... claws? I feel claws.. am I going to die? "A-Are... you an SCP?" It seems rude to ask, but I could care less in this situation. The.. hand.. leaves my head like its afraid to touch me now. "I-I'm sorry.. t-that was rude. M-my names Y/N. C-Could you help me?" I'm a stuttering mess now, I'm so scared it's going to hurt me..

It makes a moan like noise. I've heard that voice somewhere before? But.. where. An image appears in my head of SCP-096 the only one I really heard. "SCP-096 r-right? Or.. Shy Guy?" It.. no he takes my hand and shakes it up and down. I'm assuming that's a 'yes' I smile a bit at this. "O-okay.. Shy Guy." He makes a weird noise again. "W-Will you help me find my mother? I-I understand if you don't want to..." he takes my hand again, shaking it up and down in the same 'yes' manner. I let out a cry of relief, it seems to startle him a bit. "T-Thank you!"

I don't know if I can trust the strange being, and I don't know why he took a liking to me. I'm just glad I'm not alone any more.. I'm going to find you mom!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An unexpected friend! Or possibly foe?

Thank you for reading and happy five reads :D almost ten now but ye.
Advise is always appreciated!
Thank you for reading and have a good day/night! ^~^