Hold On , We're Going Home - Russell Westbrook

I got my eyes on you
You're everything that I see
I want your hot love and emotion, endlessly
I can't get over you
You left your mark on me
I want your high love and emotion, endlessly

'Cause you're a good girl and you know it
You act so different around me
'Cause you're a good girl and you know it
I know exactly who you could be

Leya Landcaster sat courtside, her manicured nails tapping against her iPhone 7 Plus impatiently as she waited for half time to be over. She'd made it to the game late because her flight was delayed putting her plans to surprise him thirty minutes behind. Instead of surprising him before his game she had to hope he didn't see her in her very obvious seat during and that she could catch him after.

Russell Westbrook walked out onto the court with the only thing on his mind being defeating the Los Angeles Lakers on their own turf. The team was nothing compared to his team's athletic prowess but they were right on them surprisingly, if Kuzma shot another three pointer he'd actually be scared.

He shook his head at the thought and gave a look to Paul George and Carmelo Anthony, they had to have this in the bag tonight. They gave him nods in solitude and soon the game began again.

It had been so long since she'd seen him up close like this, different from when they were both college students at UCLA. He'd gotten into the NBA, and after how many practices and games she'd witnessed him dominate she knew it was inevitable. She'd finished with her major in Finance and Marketing and managed to get in with one of the biggest Marketing Firms in Los Angeles. Their lives were almost perfect until he met Nina, it was love at first sight for him and that day one of Leya's other dreams died. She always thought their best friendship would bloom into more but it wasn't meant to be.

He then moved with Nina to Seattle when he was drafted to the Seattle Supersonics and then Oklahoma City Thunder when that team regrouped and relocated to Oklahoma City.

Either way they were never in the same place and she'd lived in so many these past few years. She'd spent her last year in London, the year before split between Paris and Spain to expand a makeup brand for her company. She'd just come back home and this was a wonderful welcome.

Still in a haze Leya was strolling down memory lane when a player managed to fly into her and save her face from meeting the incoming ball that was quickly approaching her. The crowd roared and the player somehow had managed to swat the ball inbounds before it ever hit the floor so the game went on but he was stuck as he stared at her.

She looked into those familiar eyes and couldn't help the smile that formed across her face.

"WESTBROOK! WE GOT A GAME!"

Carmelo yelled taking him out of his trance and Russell gave her a smile, his face still in disbelief before he rushed back to the court. Throughout the game he'd glance at her, he couldn't believe she was here.

Luckily her distraction didn't put him off his game but propelled him and at the end of the evening, the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Lakers by 20 points.

He rushed directly up to her after the buzzer went off and knelt down in front of her, no doubt attracting some paparazzi who snapped the scene quickly.

"Princess Leya" He smiled at her before he embraced her in a sweaty bear hug that made her chuckle and squirm away from him.

"You're sweaty, c'mon"

"Girl hush, I haven't seen you in forever."

He drew back and stared at her now , she was beautiful , more beautiful than she was back then. He didn't think that was possible.