Love Questions| Klay Thompson

I have abandonment issues

And that's why I miss you

I hate to tell the truth
But I think I really get you yeah

Sometimes I feel out of place

But with you baby I'm in another space

Can I, can I come and see you

"You actually drink that?"

Klay made a funny face as he looked at Keshante's Starbucks beverage of choice, Vanilla Chai Tea Latte. It was honestly heaven in a cup. He had ordered an Iced Americano and a Pumpkin Roll which she stole some bites from every now and then. They'd been on so many dates in the time they'd known each other she'd lost count on which number this one was.

"It's my favorite , my mom and I used to get these every Saturday , it started when I was 7 and ended around when I was sixteen."

"Why did it stop?"

His curiousness was coming back into play, they'd talked about his family. His mom who was a successful business woman and his dad who did a little bit of everything now that his NBA career was wrapped. Even his older brother Mychel , who'd also played basketball and his younger brother Trayce who'd settled into a good career in baseball had been up for discussion. Klay was and had always been an open book to her. Now, it was her turn to talk about her family, but she really didn't want to, only her aunt and cousin Leah were privy to that kind of information. However, as she stared at his inquisitive brown eyes, she felt the urge to open up.

"Because I started to do things I wanted , plan my life the way I wanted it to be. I got my second and third ear piercings and that kind of showed her that she was losing influence on me."

For some reason he looked even more intrigued now especially because the sarcasm in her voice had caught him.

"Ear piercings freaked your mom out?"

"Yeah, it scared my parents to death you know. What was next, a tattoo?"

She smirked before she patted the side of her ribcage where she had her favorite quote tatted. Love recognizes no barriers.

He squinted his eyes at where her hand had just been probably wondering what it was.

"I'm really interested in what that says but I know you a little bit Keshante, you're changing the subject like you always do when your family is brought up. Is it really that bad? You know I won't judge you."

Why did he make her so vulnerable?

"I have six brothers. Nathan the oldest is an engineer, he just turned thirty-six and we've never been that close because he was so much older than me. Then there's Zach and he's 32 and a senior accountant on Wall Street , he's always been the most defensive of me. Following him is me and then there's Nolan who really doesn't mess with any of us, he's sort of a genius so he's been into books and books alone, he's getting his masters in biophysics, he's 26 by the way. He dreams to work at NASA I think. Then there are the twins who are only four years younger than him Timothy and Tyler, they don't know exactly what they want in life but they're both pursuing degrees in college. I'm closest to them out of all my brothers and they always find some way to make me smile. They don't take life or themselves too seriously so that irks my parents too. Lastly there's Gregory and he's nineteen now and probably breaking hearts. He's a pain in my ass but I love him."

Klay smiled at that , impressed at the revelation but she could tell he still wanted to know more.

"And your parents?"