Wasted | Aaron Holiday

And you always on that late shit
You only wanna call me when you're wasted
I like you sober, I like your sober
When you wasted you reckless, nobody told you

"ALYSSA! ALYSSA!"

The nineteen-year-old jumped from her bed as the pounding resounded at her apartment door. Glancing at the clock then her phone and the sixteen missed calls that glowed from its screen she sighed and got up slowly as the banging resumed.

She knew very well who it was and what he wanted but after going through this cycle week in and week out for six months she was exhausted. She unlocked her door slowly and sighed once he came into view.

Crossing her arms over her white negligee she cocked her head to the side and stared at his leaning stature in her door frame. His eyes roving up and down her dark chocolate skin and curvy petite body let her know that another night of the usual was upon her but she didn't want to accept it.

Aaron Holiday had made it impossible for her to forget him, even when he'd finally managed to get drafted and go pro he didn't leave them behind, at least not when he'd had a bottle or two. When he was sober it was a different story, he didn't ignore her but he also didn't claim her and that was the heart of the problem.

Any emotion the fourth Holiday showed her was always under the influence of something stronger than her morals. The alcohol helped him jump out of his skin to the extent it took for him to get under hers and as his arms snaked around her waist she realized she may have been helpless prey once again.

She couldn't help it, she couldn't fight against the perfect fit their bodies had, locking into one another so naturally. She couldn't resist wrapping herself in his dark brown arms and inhaling his mint scent and she certainly couldn't resist those white ass teeth of his whenever he gave her that charming lazy smile that was the only highlight of him being drunk.

He let her in, when she managed to get him to talk between him trying to take off her clothes.

"Aaron, why are you here?"

She sighed as his lips roughly assaulted her neck, he expertly picked her up in his arms and proceeded towards her bedroom.

"I missed you."

His reply was simple, just like he believed their relationship was, demand and supply.

Making it to the bedroom , his hands had only just gotten under her top when he laid her down on her bed. She could smell the Hennessy seeping through his pores and it made her close her eyes and gather her thoughts just as he'd managed to take off his shirt and reach for his belt.

"Aaron stop, you're drunk." Alyssa sighed as she sat up and wrapped her arms around herself "I told you I'm not doing this with you any more."

Her words seemed to sober him slightly as he shakily knelt down and faced her.

"What's wrong babygirl?"

He reached out to her but she slapped his hand away.

"Don't call me that!"

That was how he always got her , he always won because he knew she loved the idea of him , of them but it could never happen. If it could've it would've by now and maybe she was too stupid or too wrapped up in lust to see through the smoke he'd happily trapped her in.

Aaron Holiday would never love her , just her body.

"Yo Alyssa you really tripping right now, you know how I feel about you."

Sitting on her bed he wrapped his arms around her, overpowering her attempts to shake him off before he grabbed her chin and made her look at him.

"What , you don't love me anymore? Let me guess you found some other nigga while I was away?"