Damaged | Brandon Ingram

Do I gotta chase you every summer?
Gonna have to replace you every summer?
You're the only woman on my mind (mind)
You're the only way I spend my time
Tick, tick, tick, boom
Can't get you out of the room of my head
This shit takes two
Is it too soon to get you into my bed?
I want you now

"So, you just gone act like you don't want to see Brandon, huh? Girl we all know you love that boy!"

Jhene's voice echoed in Ri's head as she tried her best to focus on the road ahead. She hated whenever her best friend broached this topic. She under no circumstance had feelings for Brandon Ingram. He annoyed the shit out of her with his cocky grin and womanizing ways. She'd seen enough girls get burned by him and she refused to be one. Perhaps that's why she chose to only fuck him.

"You've never even seen us talk in a civilized manner Nene."

She shot back and Jhene rolled her eyes playfully.

"Maybe that's because talking isn't what you to do, these days that's just a plus if you get what I mean."

"You're disgusting."

Ri shook her head, playing off the statement as if it really wasn't her truth. She didn't mean for it to be in the first place to be fair. Things just happened, they just happened and then they happened again. It became a cycle. Lately it had slowed down because he'd been out of town but now he was back and there was a solid chance he'd be at the party they were headed to as it was for the Lakers.

Jhene had faithfully been Julius Randle's sidepiece for three years now so she got them into all of these events. However lately she'd began to think she deserved more so she decided to set her sights on Lonzo Ball. His girl didn't look like she'd put up much of a fight and to be honest she didn't mind playing stepmom.

Together they were the perfect, problematic pair of best friends.

"Anyway, back to you and Brandon, at your wedding I'm going to tell everyone I called it. I have a sense for good things you know."

"Yeah, so you sensed that with Julius?"

Jhene rolled her eyes at this.

"Yeah, I sensed the funds, the good things, it doesn't always mean love but in your case, it does. Besides I'm on Lonzo's lanky ass now anyway."

"Don't let Denise hear you."

Ri joked as they pulled up but Jhene wasn't hearing it, she rolled her eyes as she parked. Moving her red stiletto nails across her smooth slicked back ponytail, she flicked down any fly aways.

"She don't want this smoke."

Jhene concluded as she got out. As Ri looked at her friend, she had no doubt that Jhene was serious and this amused as well as appalled her at the same time.

"She's pregnant bitch."

Ri coughed out between laughs and Jhene's face softened a bit. It was now clear to see that she was mixed, her mother was from Tanzania and her dad was from Thailand. Her features were interesting but they fit her, she had her dad's almond dark brown eyes but she had her mother's tiny button nose and full lips. Jhene looked like a doll. Ri had always been jealous of her when they were younger. Jhene was tiny while she grew to 5'11, they were both curvy and beautiful but boys in their class would always complain about Ri's height.

"Well, then I'll just dispose of her in a different way, I told you I've got no problems being a stepmom."

Jhene smiled deviously causing Ri to shake her head before she began to walk inside. These parties were all the same, groupies, ballers, expensive drinks and good ass music. It wasn't even five minutes before Ri found herself alone in it while Jhene went after Lonzo. She was used to it though so naturally she ventured to the bar where she ordered herself a Dirty Martini and flipped through her Instagram feed.