Come Down - Ben Simmons

Huh, but don't I make it look easy
Don't I make it look good

Now you, drank up all my liquor, come on
What I'm supposed to do now?
You talkin' all that shit, now come on
You gonna have to back it up
If I get too high now sugar come on
I might never come down

"I still think Donovan is going to win." Sipping from her secret stash of wine Aja Wilson looked at her cousin Kiara and smirked knowing that he cousin thought otherwise.

In the sea of people at the NBA Awards , Kiara was too absorbed in the glamor of it to pay her cousin nay mind. Brushing her hands against her dress and straightening out the fabric she caught herself catching the attention of mischievous brown eyes.

"Looks like someone heard you." She remarked quietly bringing Aja's attention to Ben Simmons seated about three rows in front of them. Waving a hand however Aja didn't feel any bit embarrassed.

"Trust me , Ben knows how I feel besides he technically shouldn't be declared a rookie anyway."

"You always got a beef with something going on within the association huh?" Kiara quipped to which Aja rolled her neck.

"Girl don't even get me started okay? Just be careful with him , he's still staring at you so I don't think it was my comments that caught his attention."

Dj Khaled and Kelly Rowland stepped on stage gathering her attention and saving her from responding to Aja's observation. The highlight reel of the nominees kept her entertained and occupied until of course it came time to announce the winner.

"And the 2018 Rookie of the Year is Ben Simmons."

As Ben stood up , Aja pursed her lips before she clapped just to be polite.

"If I was Donny I'd be bucking."

She whispered and Kiara stifled a chuckle before she hazarded a look at the other nominees who looked nonplussed. Aja was always dramatic about things that shouldn't have been made a big deal of. However she was extremely talented and without that neither one of them would've been here tonight. The whole time she analyzed him receiving his award she began to wonder about the reputation he'd made for himself.

She'd attended LSU around the same time he did and to say he was either loved or hated was an understatement. In fact Ben had more bad press than the entire Omega Psi Phi fraternity in their school and that meant a lot , once you dated a Que you'd be a fool to do it again.

Glancing away from him for a moment to check her phone , a notification sent her into a spiral.

Bensimmons has followed you.

Bensimmons: please tell me you're coming to the after party. If not , now you are.

Looking up after quickly closing her phone , she caught his face right in time to receive the wink he sent her way. Smiling cockily he mouthed to her "See you later"

"What the fuck was that?" As always Aja had gotten a grip on thigs before she could even comprehend what was going on.

"I'm trying to figure that out myself."

Kiara's soft voice replied before she opened her phone again. Swallowing she replied to the dm with her cousin looking over her shoulder.

I don't think that's happening , I'm not one for crowds.

Almost instantly he shot her a reply.

Who said I ever meant the NBA's afterparty? Just wait up for me outside.