Yo Excuse Me Miss| Markelle Fultz

Yo
I don't know your name but excuse me miss
I saw you from across the room
And I got to admit that you got my attention
You're making me want to say yo

"Can you believe we are really at a playoff game right now?"

Kiara smiled at her best friend's question. She still couldn't believe they were here and courtside too but her dad had promised her that he'd make her 18th birthday special and he had not failed her. Her best friend Daniel had to be in on it as well of course and she honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

She hadn't seen him in a year since she moved from Atlanta to Philadelphia to live with her artist Father while her mother was on research in Dubai for two years. Her parents had odd jobs but they paid the bills well and also allowed her to be quite privileged.

"No I can't believe it, I wish you'd told me we were coming here I would've dressed better."

She gave him a pointed playful look and he pursed his lips at her.

"Kiara please, you know you look fire right now I'm not even going to boost your head up anymore."

She was sitting in black Christian Louboutin sneakers and some black fashion nova canopy jeans with a dark blue cropped hoodie. Her curly hair was half up, half down and polished with her baby hairs looking flawless against her simple make up highlighting her natural beauty.

Kiara was dark skinned, her complexion smooth and warm like hot chocolate.

"You're my best friend though, that's your job. I boost you up all the time, that's how you got a girlfriend now."

"Yeah a girlfriend that got a big ass problem with me being here too."

Kiara rolled her eyes at his statement. Daniel's girlfriend Amy was convinced that there was more to their platonic relationship but Kiara would never dream of it and neither would Daniel. They'd been through too much to ever see each other in that way.

"She's really still tripping?"

"Yup , she hasn't talked to me since I left , she forbid me to come in the first place but I was like nah I'm not fucking over my best friend on her birthday for someone I've dated for only three months."

"You think you'll work it out."

Daniel shrugged as the players began to walk out onto the court.

"Maybe , Kiki we're at a game , we can talk about all that later."

She looked over at his unbothered expression for a few more seconds before she redirected her attention back to the court. Ben Simmons was looking fine as hell but so was Markelle Fultz. She'd heard a lot about the rookie and she had a gut feeling he'd be a good addition to Philly after all , he just needed to get settled and she trusted the process.

"I see you spotted your boo."

Daniel teased Kiara causing her to roll her eyes. Her crush on Markelle had been no secret , she'd even tweeted about it a few times. In fact when Daniel had told her where they were headed in the car she immediately tweeted:

@MarkelleFultz Coming to see you Courtside tonight! Happy Birthday to me #trusttheprocess

She even freaked out more when she realized that he'd liked her tweet ten minutes after she posted promptly leading her into a freak out so wild that she'd nearly caused Daniel to crash the car.

"Stop playing with me, you know that's my husband, right?"

She joked and he rolled his eyes at her before lightly pushing her. The national anthem soon played and then after that the game began. Philadelphia were playing against the Celtics and she was praying for their success as with the exception of Jayson Tatum she couldn't care less about the Boston Celtics.