FIELD TRIP

It's been two days since I started working with Stone Corp. and so far, things have been going smoothly as long as I don't have any encounter with the "boss". He just has a way of dominating the area whenever he's around and everything seems to be charged with negative vibes.. Sheesh.. I pity the woman that ends up with him..

   Here I am, sitting in my office.. I took the time to properly take in my environment and I realize it's quite a nice office I have.. With my brown oak desk and white leather spinning office chair, the walls painted a deep shade of blue and white curtain blinds, by my side, on the far end by the wall sits a huge white antique vase with gold and blue intricate designs and fake flowers with branches and leaves made of iron and sprayed gold..

  A knock on my door brought me back from my reverie," come in!", I half screamed.. Two seconds later, the receptionist whose name I found out was Betsy came in giving me a brilliant smile.. We've become close these few days and take every little opportunity to come to each other's posts to share small gossip..

  Emy darling was the next thing she said, there's a handsome young man by the name Michael waiting to see you, she said, while making a failed attempt to wink at me..

  Ohh Michael from the elevator!!, I thought... I beamed a smile at her and asked her to usher him in buh then changed my mind and decided to go see him myself..

  I exit my office and head for the reception to see my guest..

    On reaching, I see Mr. Stone in a staring contest with Michael..

  Seriously, what's wrong with this guy?

    I increase my pace and catch up to them..
    Good morning Mr. Stone, this is Michael.. Michael, meet my partner Mr. Stone..

  Nice to meet you Mr. Stone, he replied smiling, while stretching his hand out to shake him..

  A curt nod was all he got from him..
  Mr. Stone turned to head to his office but before that, he stopped by me, giving me five minutes to get ready for an impromptu field trip to one of our production sites.. Before I could object, he had left..

I turned to Michael with a sorry expression and apologizing for the rude behavior he just witnessed from Mr. Stone

He just smiled and told me "he likes you" before saying a short goodbye and see you some other time..

What does he mean by that?? I wonder.

I hugged him and told him we should set up a date that included Sam.. His eyes brightened a lil before he composed himself and told me he would love to

----------------------

      It's been fifteen minutes since we left the office for the sites. After some prodding and short replies, I got to find out we were going to one of the food processing factories.

We arrive twenty minutes later on the outskirts of the city in an open area surrounded by electric fences, I look a little further, seeing a large sturdy building that had smoke coming off of it.. Figuring out it was the factory..

  We headed towards the building and on getting there, we met a stout bald looking man wearing a jumper, helmet and safety boots with a notepad and a pen.. I soon find out he's the manager after he introduced himself as Mr. Matt Carlo ..

  After our formal introductions, Mr. Stone asks him to show us around and give an account of the growing and processing of each product.

It takes us four excruciating hours to cover up all processes being undergone in the factory and I made sure to take notes and stocks for reference purposes..

  After keeping everything in check, we take our leave and make the journey back to the office..

  On the ride home, we make a stop at one of the fast foods and I grab some things for us to eat.. Mr. Stone doesn't seem too happy about it but after some persuasion, he joins in on the feast..

  We get to the office around closing hour and I head for my office with him behind..

  I am surprised when he follows me into my office and asks to have a word with me..

Ms. Williams, since it is a Friday, I want to see you tomorrow so that I can get to know my partner enough to help in the smooth running of our business..

Weird..

This is coming really late, don't you think Mr Stone?

I'll pick you up at twelve was the reply I got before he exited the office..

I gently pack up my documents and arrange my files before finally closing up for work..

I was looking really forward to a weekend off work and getting pampered in a spa..

-----------------

  Okaaayy.. I'm done with exams finally!! And this means I'd be paying more attention to this book.. I thank everybody who has taken their time to read this book.. I love you!!!