Kissing is the easy part 2

David's POV

  Okay, so I may have pulled a few strings, fired but surely compensated the contract workers supposed to run this China business trip.

For a good cause of course.

Chuckling while I spin around in my chair, I give myself a thumbs up for a job well done.

Looking at the clock, I realize it's way past bed time.

Not like I ever cared.

Touching the tip of my fingers together, I start the phase two of my well cut out plan.

Emily's POV

Okay, this is madness!! I yell. Sam, how could dad do this to me?!

Business trip with that handsome devil?!

Woahhh.. Em.. Slow down.

Pacing around the living room brought no ease to my wrecking nerves.

Staying in the office is hard enough, I also have to move to a different country with him too?!

Don't lie, you're excited, a small voice in my head spoke up.

Shoving the thought away, I pace some more and fish my phone out of my pocket.

Hello? Daddy?

Oh, Emily dear, how are you sweetheart?

Not fine dad. Did you know about this China business trip I'm embarking on?

Oh, well.. Emily, it came up impromptu the thing is...

After a lengthy talk with my father explaining why he agreed to this in the first place, I realize I'm stuck

With a resigning sigh, I move over to where Sam is seated and slump into her open arms. After what seemed like hours of sulking and pep talk between us, we stand up and head to bed.

Thoughts of a certain stone cold, grey eyed devil puts me to sleep.

------------------------

The week went by in a flurry of events and the weekend slowly approached like a lion awaiting it's prey.

We're standing at the hanger and I am getting impatient. Through my peripheral vision, I can see Mr Stone glancing at his watch every now and then.

Finally, we're taken to the private jet.

A bold "Stone Corp" written by the side. We step in and I take in the place. Everything is white, feels like we're in the clouds. The decorations give me a relaxing feel and I'm beginning to think this trip won't be that bad.

I settle on one of the sofa beds and Mr Stone settles on one of the chairs across but opposite me. I get one of the flight attendant's attention and motion for her to come over.

Excuse me please but I'd like a blanket, white wine and a flute with it also an eye patch and headset.

Alright ma'am I'll get it right away, she said before turning around, throwing  Mr Stone a flirty look and cat walking down the isle.

Ma'am? What happened to miss?? And that little stunt she pulled with Mr Stone.

Bitch

Why it aggravates me so much, you ask?

Well, I don't know, maybe it was about her being unprofessional.

Hell, I couldn't even care less about that, so let's just stick with...

"It Just Did!"

Glad he paid her no mind.

Shortly after, she arrived with the items I requested for.

I snuggled in on my sofa bed, getting ready to snooze but I couldn't shake the feeling of his piercing gaze on me that led me into gathering all these items in the first place.

I look up, catching his gaze.

He smirks at me.

Miss William, I hope this trip would help us mend our broken friendship.

I raise my eyebrows at the word friendship. Were we ever friends?
Right from the beginning, we always had something that made us at logger heads.

I doubt if friendship is the word to use Mr Stone, but that doesn't mean that I am not open to such between business partners like us.

Raising one of his brows, with a smile playing on his pink and full lips, he speaks up...

Well, dear, we should make a toast to our new found friendship.

Standing up, he walks up to the wall at his right and presses a button, the wall spins around, revealing a mini bar. He picks up a champagne flute and joins me. I pour him some wine and we make a toast.

To friendship...

After some chit chat on business and our favourite songs.. Yes, songs, who knew he was capable?

We sit in a comfortable silence, rather, he sits and I lie but I'm sure you get the gist.

You know, Mr Stone, I think it's high time we started referring to ourselves on first name basis, I speak up with a smile playing on my lips.

Mmmhh.. I thought you'd never say that Emily, he replies.

I smile in return, drifting off to a blissful sleep.

I awaken when the pilot announces that we are about to land, informing us to buckle up for landing.

I move over to an empty seat and buckle my myself in.

Once we land, the pilot chimes...

"Welcome to France"

I sit, shocked and stuck to my seat.

France?!

**********************

Hehehe.. So I guess I'm now allowed to now call him David?

So guys, who knows what David has in store for Emily?

I don't know, seriously..

But we'll find out together in the next chapters!!

Isn't that great?! #inserts grinning emoji#

See you guys later!!

Muuaaah!!!