Told you so

I slam the door shut and quickly make my way into my suite fuming.

How dare he?!

How dare he not? The stupid voice in my head counters.

Even though I was aware it was just my head toying with me, I still muttered a "shut up" to myself.

My phone vibrates and I look down on the screen to see that Sam texted me, my guilt slowly creeps back, magnifying due to the events that just occurred. I wasn't ready for her to rub it in my face about how she told me so but I couldn't ignore her any longer, especially when she was just being a great friend .

I pick up my phone and text her back;

Sam: hey, how are you?
Me: I'm okay, sorry about earlier.
Sam: No, it's cool, I'm sorry, I was just trying to look out for you.
Me: Yeah, I understand now because David and I just had a fight about it.
Sam: Really? Want to talk about it?
Me: I'll tell you later, let's talk about you and Michael.

After about thirty minutes of catching up and talking about how Michael asked her out in a grand way, I was happy for my best friend and glad that our whole episode was over.
I'm glad this whole love thing is treating her right.

In as much as I love the fact that my best friend is happy, I believe love is just a chemical reaction in your brain and I'll be damned if I let anyone con me into such things again.

Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong about having feelings for someone but putting your trust and heart on the line just isn't worth it.

Or is it?

xx

I hate mornings..

I struggle to keep myself awake after the rough night I had. I just couldn't sleep no matter how hard I tried. The man really got under my nerves. I can't even begin to think about what our day together would look like.

I have a mini panic attack when I glance at my watch for the time and I remembered I hadn't set the time properly for our time zone.

Thank goodness because I wasn't going to deal with Mr. Corky reprimanding me for being late.

I step out of the building and hail a taxi not bothering to wait for him.

Okay, truthfully, I can't handle the weight of being with him right now.

___________

Emily?

Oh, shit! He saw me!

Come on Emily, quit being a child, I can see your feet from here.

I emerge from behind the machine with arms crossed in self defense and my chin raised in defiance, I wasn't hiding from you, I say boldly.

The way his eyes danced around as he scoffs, trying to hide the mock laughter behind it sent a deep blush through my neck and cheeks.

Yeah, right, even though I never said you were hiding from me.

But you implied it, I say, giving myself a pat on the back for seeming less embarrassed because I was caught red handed.

Now, if I think of it, I don't even understand why I was hiding from him in the first place.

I didn't imply anything Emily.

Cut the shit, you did and you know it.

When did I... You know what? Forget it.
I just need the files for today's work on the drums that just arrived.

I thought you were supposed to have your own copy, what do you need mine for? I ask, brows raised.

Well, Em, I do have mine but..

Firstly, it's Miss William, secondly, I'm not giving those files to you.

I watch him as he rubs his face in frustration and try to calm himself down.
Good for him, he can't make my night miserable and act like nothing happened.

Oh God, Em.. Miss William.. How come you get to call me by my first name and I can't call you yours, plus I forgot my copy in the suite, I just need to use it to cross check, that's all.

Well, you just lost the right to call me that and I can stop calling you yours and you can go back to the suite to get your copy.

I really don't have the time for this right now Miss William, I...

Neither do I, I say, before walking out on the conversation.

---------------------------
Okayyy, filler chapter, nothing much happened here so, let's stay updated for the next chapter! #inserts kiss emoji#

I love you!
Muah!

Vote and Comment!