Nin Hao

It's 6 am in the morning and I'm being shaken awake by none other than David, I end up in his bed once again and I make a mental note not to let that become a habit.

Morning baby, he says while pecking my cheeks.

Baby? Seriously, I don't get it. Is it the kiss or am I missing something here?

I look up at him questioningly as he's knotting his tie, I look him up and down, admiring his coffee brown suit pants, a matching vest and white long sleeve shirt.

What? He asks..

Don't call me that David..

Call you what? He challenges

Don't call me baby, I reply and notice his shoulders visibly tense as he clenches his jaw.

Uh-oh

I wait a moment but he doesn't reply. I stand up and shuffle myself out of his room not liking the rigid atmosphere.

*******

Seriously Emily, again?

In my defense Sam, the first kiss was tongueless so let's not consider that a real kiss, I say crossing my arms on my chest.

Yet another video call with my best friends.

Well, I agree with her perspective Sam, Austine pipes up.

Shut up Austine, you're a man-whore that's why you agree, she retorts, earning a gasp from Austine and I.

Sam, I'm not a whore! I exclaim.

Well, Emily, I didn't mean it like that, it's just that you're beginning to give the guy mixed feelings y'know and I can't blame him when he starts assuming something. I know you have this principle about dating and love and stuff but if you're falling for the guy, I mean, you should...

Save it Sam, I say, cutting her off. Of all people, I expect you not to judge me but you're doing the exact opposite. You know what, I can't do this with you right now, I'll talk to you later.

I feel a tinge of guilt creep up in my chest after ending my call abruptly. Not wanting to think anymore about what just happened, I quickly run into the bathroom to take a shower and prepare for our next trip.

**************

Minutes stretch into hours before we get to our destination, a designated driver is already standing in the airport, waiting for us. He's holding up a sign reading David Stone and we quickly make our way towards him.

It's been two hours since our touch down and David hasn't said a word to me. In fact, he hadn't said anything to me at all, apart from the conversation we had this morning.

We arrive in our suite three hours later and I'm surprised that it isn't joined like the previous ones.
Did he do it on purpose after this morning?

I feel my heart sink at the thought.

Our suites aren't joined but they are on opposite sides of the corridor.

I soon settle in on my suite. I unpack my things right away, knowing that if I didn't do it now, I may never have the chance to do it again.

Ring!!

I startle at the irritating sound and scramble around, looking for the land line.

Hello?

Emily..

I stop.

David?

Yes, I should inform you that tomorrow would be a very hectic day so I suggest you put yourself in order and get to bed early because our day is booked and there will not be time to rest tomorrow.

Oh, I manage to mumble out.

Good night Emily, he says before the line goes dead.

My head starts reeling, he hasn't been this cold to me in a while and I was beginning to get used to the nice David. I try my best to stop myself from feeling awful but I can't. My thoughts go back to what Sam said and I feel worse.
I walk into the bedroom and collapse on the bed, minutes later, a deep sleep envelopes me.

****************
Yawns, long day for me sweethearts, I guess I'll retire with the two love birds, had to make sure to publish these chapters today..

I love y'all.. #inserts kiss emoji#

Stay tuned for the next chapters!

Vote and Comment!