Mixed Feelings

I strut into the restaurant, Sam in tow and head to the counter to ask for the reserved table Michael said we'd meet at, and they pointed me towards that direction..

I heard Sam's breath hitch and stop dead in her tracks as we headed towards the table. I look back at her and almost topple over the tables and chairs with laughter at her eyes wide as saucers and her face contorted in some funny way.. I gave her a smile and a wink and she glared at me.

Reaching the table, Michael stands up and greets us while ushering us to our seats opposite him.

As we settle down, the waiter approaches us and takes our orders

I look from Mike to Sam, the atmosphere between them was charged..

Mhmhmh.. I tried to clear my throat.. They snapped their heads to me and smiled in unison.. I smiled back..

Our dinner was brought and we dug in

I noticed Sam was eating really awkwardly, trying to act real chic while eating and a smile crept up my lips.

So..  Uhmm..  Michael started.. Do you like bread?...

Pfftt!!.. I spat some wine trying to muffle my laughter and pretending to cough instead

After some awkward conversation about work between the three of us, I decided to execute my revenge plan

"Oh look at the time!", I said feigning surprise..
I forgot my documents in the office! Standing abruptly, I looked at them pretending to look apologetic and asked them to excuse me..

Looking at Mike I begged him to drop Sam off, kissed Sam goodbye and rushed out of the restaurant.

A drive home later, I step out of my car and into the parking lot. At the lobby, I ran into a familiar pair of eyes..

Why do you stare at me like you've seen a ghost was the reply he gave me as a result of my stunned reaction.

I regain my composure and asked him his reason for coming..

Are you not going to invite your guest into your home?

I took a deep breath and ushered him to the elevator.

Reaching my apartment, I opened the door and he strode into it..

He eyes my apartment and gives a nod of approval.

Nice place Em, he says with his hands stuffed into his pockets..

Em? We are now on first name basis? What the hell is he even doing here at this ungodly hour?

He walks from one end of my living room to the other like he owns the place and then back to me.. He stands really close, too close for comfort so I step back not missing the stench of alcohol on his breath. I mentally cringe.  He doesn't seem drunk though..

I offer him a seat and a glass of water..

You owe me Emily, he says.. Raising a brow at him, I ask, for what?

He chuckles and looks me in the eye. Do you think you can just spill hot coffee on me and not even care to check up on me?

I stare at him in shock.. Opening and closing my mouth like a fish, I try to come up with a reply.  Before I could do that,  he pipes up with a snarl on his face

So, Em, tell me, is he more handsome than I am? You even went to dinner with him tonight.. Is he more handsome than I am?
Now I have two of my brows raised.. This guy has had his fair share of alcohol tonight.. How did he even know I went to dinner?

Stalker qualities?

I shrug off the thought.. Thinking of how to get him home, I go on to ask, Mr. Stone, can I have your driver's contact so he can come pick you up?

Am I invincible???!!

I jerk in surprise

Hey hey hey. I try calming him down knowing he was doing this under alcohol influence..

He looks at me with so much intensity but later resigns and fishes out his phone from his pocket, dials his driver's number and tells him to come and pick him up.

He walks straight to me and stops, opens his mouth to speak but later chooses otherwise..

He really drank enough because I have never seen so much emotion playing on his face.

While waiting for  Mr.  Stone's driver to arrive, I walk towards the window overlooking the parking lot, noticing a  white Mercedes-Benz parked and Michael  stepping out and running to the other side of the car to open the door for Sam, I smile, feeling really happy for her.  Sam has always been there for me and I realised she's been doing more of taking care of me than actually living her life and I thought I should do something  for her. I'm really happy seeing her smile as wide as she is..

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms grab  me from behind..

*********
Oops..  David is such a softie don't you think? Anyways,  stay tuned for the next chapter
------------------
Sweethearts,  it's exam season again so can't promise I would update quickly but I'll try because I love you all..

Muah!  Ciao!!